Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods - 1/2: AQ on AA5 board

Given cc's response, disregard my second paragraph in previous post.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:15 AM

so svmrt had 55?
Old 07-10-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet $20. (yes it's a small bet but I do have trips w/ good kicker and there are no draws. comments on this bet size appreciated though) BB insta pushes for his remaining $64. One other player calls $64

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see you raise PF from SB to 8 times big blind get 3 callers. Signals a strong hand to your opponents. You bet $20 into the pot get raised all in for BBs remaining $64 and another limper calls who has you covered. There's only one more Ace out and there's no flush draw and the only straight draw is a 23, 24, or 34 gut shot. Your opponents certainly have to entertain the possibility that you have an Ace yet one raises and gets a cold call with only one more Ace in the deck. What can you beat from these two opponents????????? I think it's a clear fold FWIW.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet $20. (yes it's a small bet but I do have trips w/ good kicker and there are no draws. comments on this bet size appreciated though) BB insta pushes for his remaining $64. One other player calls $64

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see you raise PF from SB to 8 times big blind get 3 callers. Signals a strong hand to your opponents. You bet $20 into the pot get raised all in for BBs remaining $64 and another limper calls who has you covered. There's only one more Ace out and there's no flush draw and the only straight draw is a 23, 24, or 34 gut shot. Your opponents certainly have to entertain the possibility that you have an Ace yet one raises and gets a cold call with only one more Ace in the deck. What can you beat from these two opponents????????? I think it's a clear fold FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're kidding me right...

i play AT-AK the same as 55 here live. People are raising with really bad hands in live games, AxS (ANY), KQo, stuff like that
Old 07-10-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're kidding me right...

i play AT-AK the same as 55 here live. People are raising with really bad hands in live games, AxS (ANY), KQo, stuff like that

[/ QUOTE ]

No I'm not kidding hero makes raise to 8 times BB signaling a strong hand pre-flop which means he could very well have an Ace in his hand with a good kicker; there's only one Ace left in the deck and there is one raise to $64 going all in and a cold caller. If the guy raising has KQo well ok but I find the possibility to be very small. Even smaller is a cold caller having KQo. Only two out of the three players remaining can have an Ace and hero has one of them, no real draw on the board, what else can they have???????????
Old 07-10-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're really underestimating how truly awful most live 1/2 games are. Most of those players aren't even considering anything but their own cards.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're really underestimating how truly awful most live 1/2 games are. Most of those players aren't even considering anything but their own cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe but what hands can both players really like with this board that doesn't contain an Ace that they'd go all in with and call big bets with knowing that their call didn't close the action?????????????
Old 07-10-2007, 12:36 PM

TT+ QQ and A8x+?

It's a pretty good board for any PP if you don't believe that somebody has trip aces, which people usually don't.

Just because you raised and bet the flop, I'm going to put you on trip aces? Come on, i have jacks!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe but what hands can both players really like with this board that doesn't contain an Ace that they'd go all in with and call big bets with knowing that their call didn't close the action?????????????

[/ QUOTE ]

What I mean is these players are probably thinking, "ZOMG, I have an ace! I can't lose, so I'll just check-call because that's super trappy and Negreanu-ish!" Do they have 55 sometimes? Sure. But if they do, the OP isn't going to fold his AQ at any point, and since it's live, the cards will be the same regardless of when he shoves. I'd rather just get it in now than start slowplaying and let the occasional 77 turn a full house.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I mean is these players are probably thinking, "ZOMG, I have an ace! I can't lose, so I'll just check-call because that's super trappy and Negreanu-ish!" Do they have 55 sometimes? Sure. But if they do, the OP isn't going to fold his AQ at any point, and since it's live, the cards will be the same regardless of when he shoves. I'd rather just get it in now than start slowplaying and let the occasional 77 turn a full house.

[/ QUOTE ]

But there's only one Ace left and that makes it clear that one of them doesn't have an Ace. They didn't check call either.