Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: I bet for informaiton

what sort of flop were u looking for when u reraise with jj?
does your bet not just look like a c\bet? i like a call here and see what the turn brings. would villain not have reraised with kk\aa pre??
Old 07-08-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: I bet for informaiton

[ QUOTE ]
what sort of flop were u looking for when u reraise with jj?
does your bet not just look like a c\bet? i like a call here and see what the turn brings. would villain not have reraised with kk\aa pre??

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand range do you put villain on?

I would guess at all pairs and some big broadways. I just don't see many people with 2 missed overs doing this. And the only pair we beat that does this is really 88/99 and even then, this is far less likely than any other hand of which they all beat us.

As far as draws go - A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]/A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is already ahead of us, and is happy to get it in knowing that AA and either QQ or KK is half as likely to occur for us. Even A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is +EV here for him to make this play and get it all in and we are only about 50% chance to win. Sc's that do this include a made str8 of which we have no outs and other diamond draws which we are 66% to win.

So we are either crushed by overpairs, crushed by sets, crushed by 2pr/str8, or we are splitting or 2-1 ahead of a faer lesser chance of sc's/AXs. And considering draws are far less likely in a 3-bet pot, I would say this looks like a good fold.

Correct me if I'm wrong.