Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: IKEA beds and mattresses... any satisfied customers

[ QUOTE ]
Also buy all your bedding here to recreate your MGM Grand experience. Never had a better pillow

Dream Bed

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know which pillow you are talking about from this link, but if it's the double down around pillow, I have to agree. We used to carry them at my store, but corporate decided to drop pacific coast all together (which I hated...they make great products), but not before I got my hands on a couple of them. I love it, but they're starting to break down (it's been about 3 years, so I feel like they've done a good job).
Old 07-06-2007, 09:31 PM

midwestkc,

maybe you can answer this. how important is a boxspring? i'm shopping for a new bed and mattress, and i'm considering getting a platform bed. since i've always used a boxspring previously i was wondering if i need to get a better mattress to compensate.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:46 PM

Eh...not really. If you were just wanting to put your new mattress on an existing box springs, I'd tell you to not do that, unless it was only a couple (meaning 1-3) years old. However, a platform bed will do fine with most mattresses anymore. That being said, I wouldn't necessarily skimp on a mattress set (though I may be biased) as you will definitely get better sleep and longer use out of a better mattress. Don't worry about the box springs, though.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:33 AM

I am a very satisfied customer. For some reason IKEA isn't always thought of as pure quality products, but that's just utter nonsense. IKEA brought me all of the most price worthy stuff I ever bought.

Hopen is an incredibly classy frame imo, I really advice you to try the frame out at the warehouse, and I'd probably put one of these on each side of the bed.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80028552
Old 07-07-2007, 05:36 AM

I own the malm bed frame and am very happy with it.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:37 AM

i got a very very similar malm frame from there and one of the most expensive mattresses they have. ehh, it kinda sucks. i just got back from vegas and am actually enjoying sleeping in it for once, but normally i hate it and find myself nestling into a trench in the middle of the mattresss, plus the frame squeaks like hell.

add in the fact that they are non-standard sizes and i would go with a regular bed. only get the ikea ones if you need something low and small that won't take over the room.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:41 AM

Wow.. I totally disagree about the Malm. My mattress isn't Ikea--maybe that's the difference.

BTW, anyone doing anything ikea related should check out this web site: http://ikeafans.com/ . It's really creepy that it exists, but it's helpful as hell.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:06 PM

We have the same bed frame and we've moved with it twice and it still goes together and it solid. I can't comment on the mattress though. I bought a $2k mattress when I was flush with internet donkey cash and we've been living with that. I haven't been impressed with Ikea mattresses though when I've been in the store. The local furniture warehouse has better mattresses for equal or less money than the Ikea ones, and they're much closer. Just throw out or craigslist the box spring and frame, there's a reason they give them to you for free.