Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Poll Results: 45% Favor Impeachment

[ QUOTE ]
My point is that between the war, the budget, the erosion of our personal liberties, and the cavalier attitude of this administration to the constitution I want someone punished.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason why this is important is so that the above things will be viewed as criminal/immoral. Who cares about what happens to Bush. This is all about a better future when [censored] like this ceases to happen.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:22 PM

wire tapping was clearly illegal
Old 07-07-2007, 02:24 PM

This poll just is an example of the polarity of American politics. Looking at the actual numbers.

Favor Oppose Undecided

Democrats (38%) 69% 22% 9%
Republicans (29%) 13% 86% 1%
Independents (33%) 50% 30% 20%

So, Democrats, et al hate Bush. Big surprise there. Nothing really new and not a very relevant poll when you look at the real data instead of a headline.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:23 PM

Just another boring political exercise. Bush is gone within 1.5 yrs. What improvement will impeachment proceedings without a "flagrant violation/crime" do (perhaps Iron's idea WRT wiretapping would have worked, but it's well past it's newsworthy/public attn span usefulness)? Seemingly nothing more than continue the rapid erosion in the people's faith in this or ANY president. Also let's not forget the slippery road of lies and corruption Clinton sent the office down.

And yet, here we sit, with his wife in strong contention for a nomination to the same office.

I ask again, will impeaching Bush, for whatever your favorite reason might be, improve anything when in the next election the US will face a choice between just as repulsive, if not quite as stupid, candidates?
Old 07-07-2007, 04:42 PM

I'm maybe 95% sure that the wire tappings were legal.

Anyways, the point of impeaching at this point, or trying to impeach, would be as Nielso said, to show future presidents that if they pull any of this crap they will look like idiots.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:52 PM

An impeachment would serve to strengthen our constitution and weaken the executive branch, If there were any way that it would weaken the power of Washington, I am all for it. Anyhow, Cheney and rest of the neocons should have resigned if they had any sense of self responsibility (I put my reputation on the line about this and I was wrong--time to resign.)

Right now it seems like it looks like partisan politics though.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyways, the point of impeaching at this point, or trying to impeach, would be as Nielso said, to literally not put up with stuff like this anymore and that the people see through the scam and that the ruling class better be prepared to be viewed as rogue/criminal and get ready to be lynched because it is a new dawn; the all seeing eye has now become the people and if you mess with us then you had better be affraid, VERY affraid.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-07-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Anyways, the point of impeaching at this point, or trying to impeach, would be as Nielso said, to literally not put up with stuff like this anymore and that the people see through the scam and that the ruling class better be prepared to be viewed as rogue/criminal and get ready to be lynched because it is a new dawn; the all seeing eye has now become the people and if you mess with us then you had better be affraid, VERY affraid.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just went to Home Depot and bought a bunch of rope, when does the lynching begin?
Old 07-08-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This poll just is an example of the polarity of American politics. Looking at the actual numbers.

Favor Oppose Undecided

Democrats (38%) 69% 22% 9%
Republicans (29%) 13% 86% 1%
Independents (33%) 50% 30% 20%

So, Democrats, et al hate Bush. Big surprise there. Nothing really new and not a very relevant poll when you look at the real data instead of a headline.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, is your complaint that people are paying too much attention to those partisan independents who are breaking 50-30 in favor of impeachment?
Old 07-08-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The American people largely got what they voted for when they reelected him in '04.

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] collectives do not act