Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: 10r: Deepstack w/ AK

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is clearly push or fold.

Like Sherman I pretty much never say to fold KA. However, with the read you have it may be possible.

What worries me the most is the fact that he raised half his stack. It seems to say push over my AA please. If he'd pushed this would be an easier call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is clearly push or fold.

Like Sherman I pretty much never say to fold KA. However, with the read you have it may be possible.

What worries me the most is the fact that he raised half his stack. It seems to say push over my AA please. If he'd pushed this would be an easier call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is the thing for me. A TAG who has seen two EP limpers, and a raise in front of him decided that he should put in over 1/2 of his remaining stack (which 100% pot commits him).

I don't know. I think his range is QQ+ with less weight on the QQs. I hate narrowing someone's range that tight PF, but it just doesn't make much sense to be otherwise. I mean, if he had AK, JJ, or TT, I'd expect him to shove or just smooth call.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:30 PM

Ever think of jsut calling the 600 from the orig. raiser? Depending on what UTG would do on a ragged flop I think I might go with this option alot. Think you played it fine and just got unlucky that BB probably has a monster.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:34 PM

If I'm BB I hate having 1010, JJ here but I probably just shove it. I'd be absolutely shocked if he has anything other than AA or KK...maaaaybe QQ.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:36 PM

That's usually fold. I'll often find some reason to talk myself into a push but a random TAG in the $10r just isn't getting fancy enough here.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ever think of jsut calling the 600 from the orig. raiser? Depending on what UTG would do on a ragged flop I think I might go with this option alot. Think you played it fine and just got unlucky that BB probably has a monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah you really can't do that here, maybe hero was BB I'd call. In fact I probably would have. But BB is def coming along, and I don't really want to see a flop with AK and 3 other people in. The raise is right, if only maybe a little excessive (I think personally I would make it 2200 to go).

I don't think I've ever folded AK PF in my life, but this might just be the time to do it. Wow.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:47 PM

I don't mind taking the chance of seeing a flop more than 2 way here with AK. You just have to be weary of the fact that you are fairly deep and don't have to build a giant pot. I see your point though.

The raise size is a bit much for me. I would probably make it 1800-2400. It does the job of attempting to get it heads up. Plus it looks a little stronger than making it 3600. 3600 looks like you want UTG to fold... which you do with AK but not with qq+