Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 08:50 AM

Default Re: Point my Mistakes

Going to grunch here...
Preflop standard. If UTG+1 is that TPP, I'd be making note of what he has limped & limped/called in previous hands, esp in EP...but I'm still raising.
Flop play...you could make a case of slowing down at 3-bet or capping based on your read of UTG+1. What do you put in UTG+1's 3bet range? a/j+, 44, 77? Can you see a TPP pushing that aggressively with a draw like 5/6s or even playing 5/6s preflop-very doubtful? Wtf is SB doing calling 2 cold twice?
I'd be putting SB on Ace/rag, 5/6, or 3/5. 3/5 or 5/6 seems likely due to the passive play on the flop.
Turn...standard....the K may not have helped SB and definitely didn't help you, but I wouldn't put it past UTG+1 limping a/k with all that action on the flop and especially if they're TPP. My read on the SB doesn't change..still think he's chasing or has A/rag.
River..standard. I'm still putting SB on the whiffed 3/5 or A/rag, if he had 5/6 he would probably lead here no? I don't think you're ahead very often against UTG+1 though...he gets aggro on the flop then proceeds to initiate the betting on turn/river. At best I think you're chopping..but doubtful. Still going to call down though for 13bb.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am i the only one considering to fold to the 3-bet on the flop ? I donīt see him doing that without a holding that beats us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we're getting something like 15:1 to call the 3-bet, with the SB likely coming along for the ride, so I'm sticking around. I'd consider folding to the turn bet, but that's probably because I've got weak-tight tendencies.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:33 AM

With a super-tight player like this on my left, I need to consider whether or not my AQ is already beaten by AA-QQ, AK before the flop. He's pretty passive, though, so he'll fold most of the time when he misses. PFR is OK, but I like to keep UTG's range in mind for whatever flops come down. He didn't limp-reraise, so we can probably (but not automatically) rule out AA.

I call down the flop 3-bet, and evaluate if the small-blind does anything wonky like check-raising. 89 hands with no notes is just too small a sample to get a good read from.