Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Re: TP2K and heavy action

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It was just my 'don't cool call in the SB in a blind steal situation' mindset kicking in.

[/ QUOTE ]

With that style of BB still to act I don't think we need to have this mindset. He's gonna call anything for 2 that he will for 1. Plus UTG capping if we 3bet makes me want to punch babies since we are OOP the rest of the hand, and caught between a rock and an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought about that too after the fact and can't say that I disagree in this case.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:31 PM

I don't like the range of hands that UTG is raising the flop with. I think you played this correctly. If he knows BB is a donkey then he could be raising the flop w/ JJ, TT, but I think most of the hands in the range he is raising the flop are scary.

I think you played this correctly.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:37 PM

I read the first few comments, and you guys are lolcats for not 3-betting this preflop. He's got a 22% PFR and it's 5-handed.

I actually get the feeling that you came home 3rd in this hand. That 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] didn't do good things vs BB's range. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I'm gunna go all psychic and say BB completed his draw on the river, UTG had you licked the whole way.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:43 PM

I just don't like this hand. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Against one of those two opponents, you can pull it off, against both, I think you are going to have to put in too many bets to showdown what isn't that great against a preflop cap and a flop 3-bet.

Like, there are lots of turn cards you are going to hate here. Sixes, Nines, Tens, Jacks, Hearts give you a re-draw but not to the nuts.

Am I being a big lolcat myself?

It's a big pot, but I have a bad feeling.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't like this hand. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Against one of those two opponents, you can pull it off, against both, I think you are going to have to put in too many bets to showdown what isn't that great against a preflop cap and a flop 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really like this hand either, but I'm not sure if there was a better way to go about it. I wasn't really committed to showing down at any time until I overcalled the river. Getting caught for two more on the flop would be bad, but I kept feeling stuck to the hand with the pot being big and there still being a slight chance I was ahead. I don't know if there is a fold anywhere here or if I want to fold. If it was two bets to me on a big street, I could fold, but that never came up and I kept closing the action. This hand has me more lost than I've been in awhile.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:48 AM

I can only see you three betting the flop or folding it. I mean you really have to evaluate the potential holdings of your opponents and do one or the other. Cold calling two is for strong drawing hands or if you want a multi-way pot. I don't see that here.

Since TAG could potentially be using an isolation raise on the flop, you can rule out a flush draw most of the time. If it is capped I consider dumping it but only if I'm 98% sure I'm beat. Finding an opportunity to get the BB to fold is what I'd be trying to do here. I'd still play this cautiously on the turn and river though.