Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Re: tptk, multiway

Honey that isn't actually true, but it's seldom, and if it does have more equity, it's never a ton.

3bet this flop, you have the best hand, and that's a pretty good place to be.

LHE is NOT the new PLO.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Excuse me? A flush draw never has more equity than a made hand, obviously. He might be raising a flush draw because of a pot equity edge over the field, but in that case it's only good for you, because you have a larger pot equity edge over the field. Unless you're up against a combo draw between multiple players; ie, a KQ and an A6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. (ok, that came out wrong, and the latter is probably what was meant. Still, wanted to clear up that point.)

A stop 'n go seems right here: not sure whether you are ahead, lots of turn cards that break you, big equity boost on the turn. So as played, bet the turn. I would probably 3 bet the flop here, but I think a call is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

well with the combined equities of all the draws we could have as little as 20% equity on this flop imo.

exactly why, like you, i agree that a flop call followed a by a donk on a blank turn is a good play [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2007, 10:59 AM

Yes, I agree. Besides that, lots of times they will be sitting there with 3 outers like KJ or QT. There is not always both a flush draw and an open-ended straight draw and a 2-pair/trips draw out against you so that you drop below 20% with 4 opponents in. Most of the time, you will have more than 20% here, so 3 betting will make you money, regardless. I'd like it more if you were in the position to raise/fold the turn, ie. when check-raised by someone on your immediate right.

On the other hand, even though I would 3-bet this flop, I do see this might be a spot where a stop 'n go is useful. There aren't many spots to play a stop 'n go, the play is way over-used, but here... something can be said for it.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:59 AM

You guys realize that UTG and MP3 are probably peeling here, and will realllly often fold for two more to the face(ala CO raise and your 3bet)

Now you're HU with what is likely the best hand and taking the lead in betting.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:01 AM

When in doubt, bet or raise [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

"LHE is NOT the new PLO." -- You're right, of course. So just 3-bet.