Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Berate my play - My first NL25 video

I think your KK fold on 6c4d4c board against ianbath's minraise was decent given his stats.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the sound so bad that you dont want to listen or you just cant listen for some reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at work, that's all.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your KK fold on 6c4d4c board against ianbath's minraise was decent given his stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was a shove fold situation. What kind of hand do you put him on here? It was a min raise, but given stack sizes / post size / bet sizes it was a minraise inviting me to play for stacks.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was a shove fold situation. What kind of hand do you put him on here? It was a min raise, but given stack sizes / post size / bet sizes it was a minraise inviting me to play for stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct here about playing for stacks. Much of the time I would just shove over the dude because what the hell kinda hand calls a 3bet and hits THIS flop. But this guy is loose AND typically passive postflop. He could have a 4 or even 66. I guess it might be +EV to shove. Overpairs and the hella donked up flush draw might be part of his range
Old 07-03-2007, 04:26 PM

1:00 99 is an easy pfr, especially since you posted, you have to defend your post.
8:05 limp 33 UTG is not good. You may be only 50/50 pf with it, nut the implied odds are huuge in raised pot.
10:30 why not raise A4s in CO? Their stats look so horrible, that you should try to get into more pots with them as a pf-aggressor.
12:40 just a cooler
33:00 T8s in SB, worth raising imo
35:00 i think it's ok, no point in getting the pot big vs 4 players
47:50 ugly spot. because the flop was so multiway, there is a good chance for him having a 4. Folding would not be horrible. QQ JJ TT he would probably raise pf. All you beat is 99-77. But he is a CS.
54:45 shoving is too much i think. I would reraise to 8.
55:55 QJs UTG is good to raise i think
58:30 that's a difficult turn. villain seems tricky to me and could easily have a J or flush. I think I bet 1/2 pot, before i fold. Maybe the most interesting hand in the session, so we nee more opinions.
1:00:00 nh. instabuddylist him

Video quality is ok, but please play more than 1 table next time. Also, I understand only 60% of what you're saying, sound quality is not good.
Using the c/f button is not a good habit. Hope this helps.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:34 PM

is anyone else having a very wierd problem with this video?

after i download it the file does not appear anywhere on my computer....
Old 07-03-2007, 04:49 PM

Another leak:

You have Ac7c on button with one limper. You make it 1.25 (perfect) get called by Memel15.

Flop: Qc 9c 7d

Memel makes a standard bet and you shove 100BB into the middle. Honestly I don't think this a BAD way to play the hand, perhaps especially at slightly higher stakes (wouldn't really know actually). Personally, however, I would just call because semibluffing is less effective at these stakes (less fold equity) and you're all-in shove is so deep.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another leak:

You have Ac7c on button with one limper. You make it 1.25 (perfect) get called by Memel15.

Flop: Qc 9c 7d

Memel makes a standard bet and you shove 100BB into the middle. Honestly I don't think this a BAD way to play the hand, perhaps especially at slightly higher stakes (wouldn't really know actually). Personally, however, I would just call because semibluffing is less effective at these stakes (less fold equity) and you're all-in shove is so deep.

[/ QUOTE ]

My opinion was to RR to 8, but now that i think it through, a call is indeed better. With TPTP+FD this still is a massive RR, but bottom pair is worth much less in this spot.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:03 PM

I think the hand where I have KK and the board pairs jacks and brings a 3rd diamond is the most interesting. I feel I played too weakly on that hand.

I thought afterwards he may well have done that with a queen. Based on previous experience I think he checks behind here alot when if he turns the flush (an example was a previous hand when he played this way after turning the nut straight and the pf raiser checked to him).

I think a better play might have been to call this turn bet, and donk a smallish block bet on the river, say $4, folding to any raise. Whuile he might bet with top pair when I check the turn to him, I really doubt he'd have the balls to raise the river with any hand I beat, even if he suspects it is a block type bet. The downside of this is we put 36BBs into a pot when we are intending to fold to a rasie.

Would love to hear peoples thougths on this hand.

BTW, I do think the hand where it comes 446 with two clubs and he raises me when I have Kings is a fold. Given the size of the pot and his actions in previous hands, he would prob just shove big draw here if he's going to raise. He'd have open raise pf with any of the big pps that might play back at me on this flop TT+, given that he raises about 8% of his hands pf.

His massive vpip(65%) indicates that he could easily have a four in his hand. Although his vpip is high, he has a 'fit or fold' playing style. He sees loads of flops, but generally folds to a cbet, unless he picks up a big hand / draw, in which case he tries to get allin asap, but will obv call down with reasonable hands like tptk, or non combo draws. So this leads me to belive he either has me beat, is bluffing big (most players with an AF of 2 don't do this often), or is getting playfull with a hand like 88 (possible but I think this is unlikely). Say his stats were 65/8/6 as opposed to 65/8/2, then I think I'd 3 bet allin.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:55 PM

FYI -

I watched the first 5 min of this video, but I couldn't understand what you were saying and the software for 888.com apparently sucks, so I quit.