Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Micro stakes, possible to win money?

tiger no offense but if you actually believe that your argument is in any way logical then you probably have huge leaks in your game and are missing out on some big fundamentals of poker. If somebody calls you with a draw and is'nt getting proper odds then they make a mistake. They may hit, and win the pot though in theory they just lost sklansky bucks. Now if you know that somebody is'nt going to to fold their draw and it comes in and you pay them off anyway, then you're laying your villains excellent implied odds and they should be chasing draws against you.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:24 PM

Heard of the value bet?

You saying that bad players are impossible to beat? If thats the case sit at a table with cts, sbrugby, aejones and crush them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If there is no money to be made then why do so many uNLers continue to play? I don't understand your logic at all and you should probably move down. The money doesn't come quick you need to work hard to win even at microstakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure that the calling stations at 50NL are the least of your worries. Well, that is they should be. If you're betting into them without the goods you're burning money, and if you're paying off they're draws you're burning money.
i have won and moving down stakes anymore would just be a joke.. 50nl is bad enough... im saying this because you cannot bet people off draws even if you haev a good hand..

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-01-2007, 02:33 PM

Of course it's possible, this is where the worst players are. The plays you described are frustrating but will end up making you money in the long run. Take a couple days off, then come back and pwn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2007, 02:34 PM

I hope to god that you are leveling us. If not then look at the following.

1) Bluffing is not where most of your money comes from in poker, at any stakes. If they don't fold, don't bluff them. Period.

2) If you think that players calling you down with a worse hand is bad, you simply do not understand some basic theoretical concepts of poker. Get a copy of Theory of Poker and read it. Twice.

3) As mentioned in a previous post, once you get a handle on how a player behaves, you must adjust your play accordingly. If someone is a calling station, then you can't put any more money in the pot once the draws come in unless you have the goods. Boring as hell. Frustrating if your against a player who will always call if you bet but always bet if you check. But the only way to keep from spewing.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope to god that you are leveling us. If not then look at the following.

[/ QUOTE ]

Level = Reply in a sarcastic manner to a sarcastic thread.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tiger no offense but if you actually believe that your argument is in any way logical then you probably have huge leaks in your game and are missing out on some big fundamentals of poker. If somebody calls you with a draw and is'nt getting proper odds then they make a mistake. They may hit, and win the pot though in theory they just lost sklansky bucks. Now if you know that somebody is'nt going to to fold their draw and it comes in and you pay them off anyway, then you're laying your villains excellent implied odds and they should be chasing draws against you.

[/ QUOTE ]
What im saying is the pot becomes massive because i have a hand and want to take the pot down without them drawing so i bet big and them calling with their draw the pot becomes then they hit i fold and lose my money.. they are chasing a draw that shouldnt hit that often but it does
Old 07-01-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heard of the value bet?

You saying that bad players are impossible to beat? If thats the case sit at a table with cts, sbrugby, aejones and crush them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol my bankroll is not quite there yet.. maybe i get cts to ship 100k [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Move up to where they respect your raises.

[/ QUOTE ]
the problem is i dont have the roll for this nor am i willing to deposit more as i am a student.. so me no money
Old 07-01-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course it's possible, this is where the worst players are. The plays you described are frustrating but will end up making you money in the long run. Take a couple days off, then come back and pwn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol this is good advice i am looking for.. thanks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] nh
Closed Thread