Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: NL25 - Nut Flush Draw in Multiway Pot

[ QUOTE ]
not really looking for a spot like this exactly, but I probably do splash around a bit too much OOP, it is one of the things that I try to limit, but have a hard time sometimes. His hand occurred while 12 tabling, so it wasn't really from boredom.

[/ QUOTE ]

First just finished that home game (stop bluffing stations lol) so I thought I'd check on this.
As I worked it out if you're 20% on your bet then this is fine as into a pot that is $25.75 plus $5 (his $15 stack divided by 3) then your calling $7.25 to win ~$30 = 4:1 (and a bit more).

If thats the case and all my math is right now then as you they only need to call you 1 out of 3 times to be +EV (as you said). SB c/r's that usually I would think means a set most the time, I think we can assume he goes all the way quite often (at least 1 out of 3).

As a note thanks for pointing out the difference between 4:1 and 1 out of 4 times. I assummed before they meant the same thing,obviously not.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not really looking for a spot like this exactly, but I probably do splash around a bit too much OOP, it is one of the things that I try to limit, but have a hard time sometimes. His hand occurred while 12 tabling, so it wasn't really from boredom.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I'm profitable from all positions expect the blinds (there's a good thread from Myturn2raise regarding blind-play if you're like me and losing on the blinds) but I think playing this isn't that big a deal but IMO this must help you get paid off in the future. If not by the average joe definately by the better players. As you move up I'd think this must become more important.

Just my $0.02
Old 06-30-2007, 11:04 PM

I agree and I have played regularly as high as NL400.

This table was very passive and an early limp usually invited alot of limping behind it. So I wasn't too worried about a raise behind me and even if someone did raise behind me I would know pretty well where I stood, and get to see everyone else make at least one reaction before it would be up to me to call the raise.