Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Hitting on Famous People

I read an article once about these two guys who wrote a book
on how to meet, and talk to, famous people. Their main suggestion was to talk about what the famous person likes. For instance, when they bumped into DeNiro, not necessarily known for his approachability, they brought up sushi and he became very chatty and friendly.

Maybe look up a few fan sites and find out what interests she has other than music.

The authors also said the worst thing you can do is act like a fanboy. "OMG, I loved you in xxxx!" They get it all the time.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:03 AM

DO NOT TALK ABOUT HER PRIOR WORK. If you have to talk about her work, ask about what she is working on NOW. That is what she is currently interested in.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I read an article once about these two guys who wrote a book
on how to meet, and talk to, famous people. Their main suggestion was to talk about what the famous person likes. For instance, when they bumped into DeNiro, not necessarily known for his approachability, they brought up sushi and he became very chatty and friendly.

Maybe look up a few fan sites and find out what interests she has other than music.

The authors also said the worst thing you can do is act like a fanboy. "OMG, I loved you in xxxx!" They get it all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post.

It can be a little hard not to be set off and weirded out a bit by celebrities, but from bumping into them all the time in a bookstore I used to work in, I think what they want is what everyone else wants, mostly.

Unless they're dicks or hypersensitive. Which LOTS are.

But basically, a fake connection sucks, and these guys/gals get spammed with fake people constantly. Hell, it's their own job to be fake people sometimes. So some big fake rap is just super-friggin-tiresome to them and a sad disappointment. It means they're still on the clock, and worse yet, because some utter assclown disrespects their intelligence and common human dignity. That sucks.

Truth is, they're probably going to choose from among their kind, or richer, like everyone does, especially women. So your only chance to break through is to be real. Don't freak them out, and hold their eye steadily(but not piercingly) and without expectation or some ulterior motive showing through. Isn't that what you would want out of some stranger popping up amidst a bunch of tons of other, insincere strangers?

Seriously it's a crazy world being a celeb. They're out there just trying not to f*ck up and be liked without being stalked or hung all over in a gross way. That's such a hard way to get along in the world. Just be a normal human being to them and you'll be so far the exception. If you ever had a chance, which you probably don't, it's not by hatching a plan more elaborate than just being normal and courteous. You'd be surprised how little normal they're exposed to. Normal is like hitting the lottery for these guys, if they still care about normal and haven't bought completely into their own stardom yet. Imagine how weird it would be to talk to tons of people constantly and never have a conversation that felt halfway normal and like someone wasn't shooting an angle with you. Ugh. You see how little you have to do to be a welcome relief to these guys?

Unless of course they've bought into their image. Which sooner or later most do. Then forget it.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:12 AM

blarg,

not reading that, but have you ever sexed a celeb or something? othewise wtf is that novel about?
Old 06-30-2007, 01:13 AM

Blarg,

Pretty solid advice. OP, if that doesn't work try assassinating a world leader in an attempt to impress her.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:14 AM

There are also still two Beatles to choose from.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
blarg,

not reading that, but have you ever sexed a celeb or something? othewise wtf is that novel about?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey noob, Blarg could write a 500 word post on how to open a bag of Chee-tos. It's how he rolls.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
blarg,

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you, spending too much time in BB4L?
Old 06-30-2007, 01:20 AM

no more serious replys until we get a name.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
blarg,

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey noob, Blarg could write a 500 word post on how to open a bag of Chee-tos. It's how he rolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should read my 5000 word essay on how to go down stairs like Steve McGarrett in Hawaii Five-O. It redefined ideas about 70's style rapid stair descent for an entire generation and set off a wave of stair-stepping coolness that has yet to be supplanted.