Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Salvia Divinorum (Legal LSD): How is this not more popular?

I've heard about the potential itching thing, but I've never had any problems with that.

I swear, though, after I use salvia, I just want to eat something. Kind of like weed, except it wasn't really an urge; I was hungry and had a bowl of cereal, and it was the best food of my life. The other day I did it and had some blue doritos, strawberry soda, and pudding, and it was equally amazing. So there's that.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:58 PM

Do drug tests, test for it?
Old 06-29-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, and it's not illegal, so having it in your system isn't illegal.

the reason it's not very popular, and most hallucinogens are not very popular nowadays, is that the experience is not euphoric for most people. in general people use drugs because they put them in a euphoric state. cocaine and heroin make you feel good. hallucinogens are not as popular as harder drugs because the nature of the high is different depeding on your set and setting, and a euphoric experience is not always achieved. the most popular drugs have effects that create euphoria for the average user and cause the same effects each time they are used. this is why mdma became so popular. not only does it create a euphoric state for nearly everyone who uses it, but the effects are very similar with each use.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the reason it's not very popular, and most hallucinogens are not very popular nowadays, is that the experience is not euphoric for most people. in general people use drugs because they put them in a euphoric state. cocaine and heroin make you feel good. hallucinogens are not as popular as harder drugs because the nature of the high is different depeding on your set and setting, and a euphoric experience is not always achieved. the most popular drugs have effects that create euphoria for the average user and cause the same effects each time they are used. this is why mdma became so popular. not only does it create a euphoric state for nearly everyone who uses it, but the effects are very similar with each use.

[/ QUOTE ]

does a company drug test, test for booze? Im sure that no one tests for salvia obv, but what about booze? its not illegal either, but you can get fired for it, so do they test?
Old 06-29-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Having illegal drugs in your system is not illegal. It may break a contract you have signed though.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Having illegal drugs in your system is not illegal. It may break a contract you have signed though.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is the thinking behind that? do you know anything about why the courts made that ruling?
Old 06-29-2007, 12:20 AM

And yes, it does taste like [censored]. That's why you better smoke it in a bong. And hold it in for 30 seconds. As soon as you exhale, you'll be tore up.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what is the thinking behind that? do you know anything about why the courts made that ruling?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of things that cause false indicators. They're not terribly common (eg taking half a bottle of asprin, many Rx meds, and tons of other random stuff) but it would be virtually impossible to ever prove someone deliberately ingested an illegal drug just because of drug test results. And if the person in question doesn't HAVE drugs on him/her, there's zero way to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they weren't drugged/etc.

Edit: that may not be specifically why they did it, but it would just be a mess in court, so I imagine they just figured it wasn't worth attempting to do.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does a company drug test, test for booze? Im sure that no one tests for salvia obv, but what about booze? its not illegal either, but you can get fired for it, so do they test?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey Guids,
I used to work for a staffing company and we drug tested a lot of people. Regarding alcohol, it will come back on tests (or at least did on our tests), but it metabolizes at a rate of around .01% abv an hour, which pretty much means you have to go into the test drunk. Salvia won't come back on a test, and neither will mushrooms or LSD. Erowid seems to think that the standard corporate test includes:
marijuana
cocaine
amphetamines
opiates
PCP
Old 06-29-2007, 12:40 AM

manpower did you work for... well... manpower?