Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Re: 200 PLO too aggressive?

[ QUOTE ]
As a rule, I generally find when people are in a situation where they know their opponent has Aces, they bet out into aces if they are on a draw because they want the guy with Aces to fold. They check raise when they have Aces beaten because they want the guy with Aces to stay in the pot.

In this case, you bet out into him, which I would read as a guy who doesn't have Aces beaten. So unless I think you're particularily tricky, I will read this as a flush draw more often. I wont put you on just a straight draw since you have to fear me holding the ace high flush draw in that case.

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience also suggests that everyone is as straightforward as this, and that stack sizes never come into it.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i d like a checkraise all in on the flop better

[/ QUOTE ]

sexy!
Old 07-01-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're either hoping to flop top set (in which case why not play every high pocket pair) or a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a joke right? Who folds high pocket pairs? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously though, there are a couple problems. First, AQQ6 isn't a hand that plays well with relatively short stacks. It plays well either when you're super-duper short and are looking to get all-in PF or when you're fairly deep and can get implied odds when you hit set-over-set or flush-over-flush against someone. As such, we should not be raising this hand from EP. Just limp in and see a flop. Folding would be ridiculous, but it's still a good idea to keep the pot small.

Second, when you raise from EP and get reraised in a FR game, unless the reraiser's very loose and aggressive preflop, there's a very good chance you're up against aces. With an ace and a pair in your hand, you have just about the worst possible hand to play against aces. Even if you're only up against aces 50% of the time or so, there's no shame in folding to a reraise here.

Finally, this flop lead's never ever getting aces to fold, but it is forcing you to play the turn OOP and possibly allowing aces to get away when you turn your flush. Once you get to the flop, you definitely want to check/raise this instead of going for the lead.