Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Swings in omaha

[ QUOTE ]
directly related to your nittiness

[/ QUOTE ]

What a dumb comment.
If the guy is winning, it doesn't matter if he is being nitty.
Plus nitty play prevents variance, so if the nitty play is winning, it reduces the chance of you tilting from losing big pots with good hands.

Try harder on your trolling.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:15 PM

lol sorry. i will try harder

"blah blah blah, bad advice. opposite of what you should do. line of thinking that has no logical basis. blah blah. link to pokerhand that isn't related to topic. blah!"

Seems like a good template for future trolling posts, no?
Old 06-28-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol sorry. i will try harder

"blah blah blah, bad advice. opposite of what you should do. line of thinking that has no logical basis. blah blah. link to pokerhand that isn't related to topic. blah!"

Seems like a good template for future trolling posts, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing you're old enough to make your own decisions in life. But if you aren't, sure i'll help you out. Pay me the $125 an hour I charge for my coaching advice and I will get right onto it.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a dumb comment.
Plus nitty play prevents variance, so if the nitty play is winning, it reduces the chance of you tilting from losing big pots with good hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I try my damndest to stay out of personal battles, but isn't one's style of play directly correlated with variance? IE. A LAG style will experience higher variance (and potentially higher winrates although that's an entirely unrelated and different matter) while a 'nittier' TAG style will experience lower variance, in general?

I don't see how playing TAG would be related to an ability to tilt less though. I would have thought that tilt is an issue that is entirely dependent on that players personality rather than their playing style, although purely guessing, wouldn't a bad beat more likely affect someone who plays nitty and gets their money in good all the time?
Old 06-29-2007, 11:44 AM

Piiop, stop feeding the troll k tks plz.

What I think you meant was 'You're an idiot; my line is different from yours (whereas you said to checkraise, i prefer to check and then raise), and my line is obviously superior to yours for no reason. I charge extortionate amounts of money for bad advice; I have absolutely no need to toot my own horn in public because I'm so amazing at everything i do and as a result everything i ever say is always right.'

Have a go!
Old 06-29-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a dumb comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I try my damndest to stay out of personal battles, but isn't one's style of play directly correlated with variance? IE. A LAG style will experience higher variance (and potentially higher winrates although that's an entirely unrelated and different matter) while a 'nittier' TAG style will experience lower variance, in general?

I don't see how playing TAG would be related to an ability to tilt less though. I would have thought that tilt is an issue that is entirely dependent on that players personality rather than their playing style, although purely guessing, wouldn't a bad beat more likely affect someone who plays nitty and gets their money in good all the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in this case, him calling him nitty was clearly directed as an insult to his style of play, which I totally disagree with. As you correctly stated people have different styles and I know from experience with talking to players that some can't cope with the large swings of aggressive big bet Omaha. But they do win at Omaha with 'nitty' play, so I don't see a reason for them to change anything. You don't fix something that isn't broke. Just because there is another style of play that can win them more money in the long term, doesn't mean they have to switch.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Piiop, stop feeding the troll k tks plz.

What I think you meant was 'You're an idiot; my line is different from yours (whereas you said to checkraise, i prefer to check and then raise), and my line is obviously superior to yours for no reason. I charge extortionate amounts of money for bad advice; I have absolutely no need to toot my own horn in public because I'm so amazing at everything i do and as a result everything i ever say is always right.'

Have a go!

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a room and go make love to him in private please, the rest of us want to talk poker thanks.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:31 PM

Nice comeback! I really ought to think about my posts a little more, should I set you up for that next cutting remark.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:03 PM

Nice comeback! I really ought to think about my posts a little more, should I set you up for that next cutting remark.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:04 PM

I usually have daily swings of about 4bi's, but this week has been really sick... i mean i had a sick upswing of about 15 buyins in .5/1 PLO in 2 days. then i started playing yesterday and got coolered like crazy so now i'm back to where i started before the huge rush if not lower, so 4 buyins is really nothing out of the ordinary. of course the swings depend on the style of play, if u play your sets and draws aggressively, then there is nothing u can do about the swings.