Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2006, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Best AC Character?

[ QUOTE ]
I nominate Tiger123 for worst AC character.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's an idiot.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.. seconded.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rocco gets my vote. He's by far the most entertaining (though not profitable) to play with, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heard at the Borg over the PA late Sunday night:

"Will the player in the X seat at table X please wake up? This means you Rocco!"

[/ QUOTE ]
i love rocco, even though he's always threatening to punch me in the face.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:36 AM

Jojo, the little black dude with the bald head who wanders around the Taj in his Dallas Cowboy jacket. When he's drunk he wanders around talking to himself, oblivious to people noticing what a character he is.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:37 AM

What's the name of the young half puerto rican/ half asian kid who plays 80-160 at the borgata? Weak player but absolutly histericle. Jeff, i know you know this kid. He's my favorite by far. Also, all those young gentlemen who think they own the borg. but mostly donate to everyone, those guys have a special place in my heart.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:22 AM

Rocco is entertaining but far from the best character
Patches is kind of scummy.... reached into my rack after I told him he couldnt borrow any money
Carlos is actually a very nice guy.... kind of the "classic" poker pro. Plays big after a nice tourney score..... gives it away.....plays smaller.
Id nominate Tsand as my favorite tho, as it seems he is right out of a comic or something. He always has a mountain of chips, but I can tell if he is a winning player or not. With the crap you see him play you would assume not, but he must get called by Ace high more than anyone else in AC.... so he does get paid off when he hits. Last time I played with him he sat down and mumbled something about raising. He raised blind PF 5 hands in a row and won them all.
Tsang is the man..... the others Id have to see if I were to recognize them
Old 02-23-2006, 10:38 AM

Tsang is an extremely nice guy and I have lots of fun playing with him. I think the one thing is that he plays MUCH better postflop than most people realize. I've played with him for years now and he really doesn't give much away post flop and I think many of his preflop mistakes (coldcalling with suited connectors and trash) are somewhat compensated for the fact that he gets paid off like a slot machine by every regular in that game and most tourists who like his playful nature. Many think he is a total fish - he is not and has a lot of tricks up his sleeve.

Jeff
Old 02-23-2006, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.. seconded.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the tiger with the stupid tiger satin jacket and tigger card protector, I sat next to him at the borg 1/2 just before christmas. He was a total ass. I think he was waiting for a bigger game.

Anyways, about an hour into the game this kid says to him, "whats with the tigger card protector?" He points to his satin jacket that is embroydered with the name tiger and says "IM TIGER." Then he points to his other chip protector a commerative chip from the year of the Tiger at the bike and says "SEE ... TIGER." I guess the guy is a huge celebrity in his own mind. He seemed very offended that this kid didnt know him.

Greg
Old 02-23-2006, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the guy is a huge celebrity in his own mind. He seemed very offended that this kid didnt know him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Tiger in a nutshell. Supreme a-hole.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:38 PM

Swami is pretty ridiculous, when he's boozing. Some locals told me on Sunday that he is off the sauce lately, though.

For the lower limits, Orvis, the old guy with all the fishing tackle, is pretty odd, as is the other old guy (6-12 a lot) with the cane and the sort of white-old-dude pimp outfits. Forget his name, but all the dealers know him.