Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 07:58 AM

Default Re: UIGEA and 270 days

[ QUOTE ]
there was no need to start this thread....reading back a couple of days even would have shown numerous threads on this topic, that was the point of my post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then maybe thats what you should've said, moron?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:32 AM

I do understand that immigration reform and UIGEA regs are worlds apart in importance. I should have been more clear on that. But something is being offered as part of a deal if the NPR report is accurate. If the White House and conservative Republicans get close to a deal , then I think the UIGEA regs might play some role in finalizing a deal.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

I guess what really dawned on me when I heard the report is that all this time I’ve been assuming that the delay in the regulations has been merit based. But, perhaps, there is some other reason. There is nothing to be gained by Bush in being prompt with the regs, but, from a professional deal maker stand point (which is what a president is) , it is almost always a good idea to keep things as fluid as possible because that gives you more options and more chips to make deals with.

In fact, maybe I have it backwards. Maybe, for example, Paulsen has informed Bush that the regs need to be softer than what the nuts want, and maybe he has convinced Bush of the rightness of his argument. Bush, in that case, would want the regs to be delayed as long as possible because he doesn’t want to anger, any sooner than he has to, the only group that still supports him. Especially, when he still has things he wants to accomplish legislatively.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there was no need to start this thread....reading back a couple of days even would have shown numerous threads on this topic, that was the point of my post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then maybe thats what you should've said, moron?

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't think you'd be so stupid as to not understand. My bad.