Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: OT: Stars email complaining about my multi-tabling

pokerstars lets people play more than 12 tables???

there is nothing wrong with what you are doing. you don't have to--and shouldn't-- respond OR change the way that you play unless they threaten you.

obviously there are other annoying times when people use the clock for longer than they need to make the decision (near the bubble in satelites, especially)
Old 06-24-2007, 07:44 PM

I've never gotten this email from stars. I regularly play 20+ tables of sng. Theirs people playing 1 table that are slower then me playing 20+, I don't see what they seem to achieve from this email.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:06 PM

Why can't PS do anything about poker_in_pb?
Old 06-24-2007, 08:10 PM

poker_in_pb is that you???
Old 06-24-2007, 08:24 PM

Simple ask if the combined contributed rake committed by those who have complained come anywhere as close to you
Old 06-24-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh duh. Yeah probably is.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:34 PM

Sigh. Slow players are irritating. Play less tables if you can't keep up. Honestly. Some people want to play poker.

Ryan
Old 06-24-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Simple ask if the combined contributed rake committed by those who have complained come anywhere as close to you

[/ QUOTE ]

pwnt
Old 06-24-2007, 09:15 PM

plenty of people manage to play the game without making people upset by taking too long for basic folding. i've never noticed joe, for instance, to be a remarkably slow player.

responding to specific points:

1. yes, it is "perfectly legal" but they make the rules and the idea isn't that you should be in 30 events and all of them run slow and ruin the fun for everyone else because you're slow and don't understand how to act quickly. also, they make the rules, so they could easily change them for you, by limiting the number of tables you can play, shortening your time clock, or anything else they feel like.

2. this is obviously false, you could do exactly what others have said, and click and hold, minimizing the chance of misclick, or use a variety of other techniques.

3. they are obviously not just talking about stalling on the bubble, not that it's likely that you do do this, since you're just taking long on every action. i'm sure they know about bubble stalling (which, by the way, is really a pretty trivial concern in sngs), and they aren't saying you should stop doing that. they are saying you should stop taking a quarter minute to fold 93o utg in level 1.

4. i'm sure that there are people who take a fair amount of time per action. down syndrome players come to mind. something tells me that someone who plays 1 table at a time, and plays 2 sngs a day and "likes to play some poker and think about their actions" is taking less time than you to act. yawn at the whole "most active player" ego driven crap. you're in a lot of games and you're slowing them all down, making things less good for many people. yeah, more people are going to complain about you than if you played 2 games a day and acted in the same speed.

5. stop chatting, no one gives a [censored], just act in a timely fashion. i also honestly doubt that it's your "once in a while" chat that is causing them to have issue with you. it is the fact that you're taking 20 seconds to fold T4o to an open shove in level 1 that they are noting, and taking issue with.

6. yeah, 90% of games will take between x and y minutes, with your games being either the 10% that last even longer or the games that take up closest to y minutes. if you're making the average game you play take 25% longer than games without you, something's wrong. also, no player who thinks he is one of the "worse" players is getting this email from stars, or sending this email to stars. don't try to tell them that you think you're stalling to get fewer hands per level on purpose, when they know for a fact that you are taking time because you are slow to act because you have a lot of games open and can't really handle it.

7. no, you're just wrong on this one. $ hr isn't solely a function of # tables. many people have a drop off in quality of play beyond a certain number of tables, particularly because they do occasionally need some extra time to think about a hand. they don't, however, take 15 seconds to fold every time they have J2o in middle position in level 1. i have not found, for instance, joe, to be horribly obnoxious to play with, while it sounds like you would be.

in conclusion, you're wrong, they're right. if you can't play in a timely fashion, cut back on the tables, or expect at some point for stars to take action against your account. don't try to lie to them about the many "strategic" reasons you could take extra time to act when it's obvious to everyone involved that you're just slow to act due to many tables.

the end.

citanul
Old 06-24-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]