Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: $1/2 NL Live, Big Hand + Big Draw on Turn

Playing live people love to raise with AQ in this spot, even AJ, even just a smaller flush draw. hell, he could of had T2...I dont know how much live play youve logged, but they play much more wreckless. If this guy just sat down and he is checkraising after limping in like that, he might recognize your worriedness that two pair with a great flush draw is not the nuts.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
shoving eliminates the tough decision on the river if your flush doesnt come and guarentees that your money goes in live.
calling the turn cr is the worst line for you, because villian is going to shove every river. you are better off shoving or folding to the cr

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, if he's shoving every river the call is better than a shove because it guarantees we get the remaining ~$100 into the pot only when our hand is good. Right?
Old 06-25-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shoving eliminates the tough decision on the river if your flush doesnt come and guarentees that your money goes in live.
calling the turn cr is the worst line for you, because villian is going to shove every river. you are better off shoving or folding to the cr

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, if he's shoving every river the call is better than a shove because it guarantees we get the remaining ~$100 into the pot only when our hand is good. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, Kurt. Like I said before, this is not a cookie cutter big draw once we're to the turn action. If all this would have happened on the flop, This guy would have been doubled up or folded.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing live people love to raise with AQ in this spot, even AJ, even just a smaller flush draw. hell, he could of had T2...I dont know how much live play youve logged, but they play much more wreckless. If this guy just sat down and he is checkraising after limping in like that, he might recognize your worriedness that two pair with a great flush draw is not the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was feeling very confident about my hand and my emotion when the 10 hit was positive, so I don't think that I gave away any worry or weakness tells. I didn't think about him having chased that gutter-ball until he check raised me. To tell you the truth, I really thought he was on a weak ace by the way the hand played out. After the check raise I put him on a much stronger hand.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To tell you the truth, I really thought he was on a weak ace by the way the hand played out. After the check raise I put him on a much stronger hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like this guy has AT. You have 11 outs. You are a 3:1 dog. $50 call into a $134 pot = 2.7:1 pot odds... but if he shoves every river, then you have 5:1 implied odds. If you have zero fold equity here (which means he probably has your 2 pair beat), then a call is right. However, if you are already ahead, then a push here is right since you plan on folding if you don't improve.

Without a better read on this guy, I'd figure you are behind, with no fold equity, so flat calling with 5:1 implied odds is the right move.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:33 PM

Thanks, Kip. I think if the action would have heated up on the flop, I might have pushed there w/ 2 cards to come, but with only one card to come and having no info on the villain except for stereotypical stuff, I think calling on the turn was the right play. Thanks for the numbers analysis, I was unsure before that. Everyone's analysis was convincing, but the numbers don't lie.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:33 AM

I think you played the hand fine. Only thing i might have done different is raise pre flop. But limping is fine too. Calling the turn is spot on. Pushing is way overplaying it here - villain is almost def ahead and if hes behind why push him off it?!