Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: NL500 - Flopped set vs. flush draw

this is one of those hands where ur praying for the flush not to hit on the river cuz u know hes chasing, course he had 3 straight outs too but thats besides the point. i like the bet sizing on flop & turn, ur not trying to chase away the draw ur tryng to get him to make a mistake in calling, ie..calling with improper odds, which he does on both streets, getting only around 2.5-1 on flop & just a little better than 2-1 on turn needing at least 3-1 on either street. ofcourse thats assuming he has just a flush draw & not a combo draw with something like aq/kq of diamonds. river is tough, if u check & he shoves its still tough decision although most times a fold as i dont see what he would shove with besides the flush. i like either a chk on the river or smaller bet that would allow u to let it go once he comes over the top but flop & turn were fine. if ur able to check/fold the river on these type of hands when ur sure villian has flush then uve done everyting u can, forcing him to chase w/incorrect odds then refusing to pay him off when he catches. ofcourse it all depends on how much he wdve bet on river if u did check cuz ud probably have to call any reasonable value bet i guess.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:11 PM

looking at the hand agn hes actually getting good odds on the flop if he thinks he can see both turn & river for that price, he could also have just tried to peel one off but then pks up the strt draw too on the turn, still turn call is pretty bad at only around 23% to win the hand he needed better odds than that.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you wouldn't bet a small flush on the river? :SSSSSSSSS

Id probably bet AA, maybe even like JQ against some.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was saying you couldn't push a small made flush off his hand here. My bad, my post was poorly worded.

I could also see how a small bet you can get away from would be a good option here. Would probably look weak to an aggessive player, but could freeze a poor weak player holding a small made flush into just calling. Essentially accomplishes the same thing and still lets you fold to a shove.