Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Your thoughts on food eating contests

How much money do you earn per year and how much of it have you donated to feed starving people?
Old 06-22-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have problems with this. there are people starving in the world and we, americans, make it a sport to gouge oursevles for money.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I call the dumb American Position on world Hunger. You win the Darwin this year.

1) India has a HUGE population of starving people with one of the biggest population of cattle in the world.......But we can't eat da sacred coooww.

2) I love those ethiopia commercials don't you .... feed the poor children. Look at the sick starving children. Pray and help the children.

Ethiopia has the largest military in Africa. They have fighter jets and fuel for those jets. NO FOOD NO WATER BUT they have jet planes and fuel. Always money for AK-47's and bullets to keep the population down.

3) What about the poor homeless in the richest country in the world the U.S.A. There are tons of homeless people in WA state. You drive by them everyday with their signs ..... "I won't lie I need beer and smokes and Dog Food" Every single day collecting money tax free from people who have to earn their money. Either drinking, smoking or shooting up your donation. Yup my heart bleeds.

Let the indians start eating cows, Let the ethiopians stop flying their jets, and the Americans get off their ass ang get a job.

Do you really think I'm not going to enjoy watching Kobyashi eat 60 hot dogs in the upcoming event because I feel sorry for these dolts..... HELL NO.

Its sad when people stop doing fun things or stop doing fun things or going after entertainment because they feel sorry for the rest of the world.

If you really must help the poor donate some money to ethiopias fighter jet fund but please don't post about what a world travesty hot dog eating contests are it's kind of pathetic.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its sad when people stop doing fun things or stop doing fun things

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but not many people can make that distinction.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:51 PM

I don't make much money per year and I don't donate any of it except what I give to my church. Personally, I just can't stand to watch people eat, let alone gorge themselves [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 06-23-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its sad when people stop doing fun things or stop doing fun things

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but not many people can make that distinction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh that is bad typing must be that mortar round the hadji's keep lobbing at us.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just can't stand to watch people eat

[/ QUOTE ]Ever?
Old 06-23-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i was reading a post in OOT about a prop bet regarding taco bell which reminded me of thoughts when i see food eating contests. for example, the new record for eating hotdogs in 12 minutes is 59.5. the coney island hotdog contest is coming up july 4. its been won by a little asian guy the past couple year. how he does it i dont know.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off i find that phrase "little asian guy" demeaning in the context you used it as.
More importantly, he is no that little, he is 5'7 190 pounds (under 10% body fat), and the last time he was on TV he was very ripped. It is amazing what he can do.

Also, he hasnt won it for a couple years but for an amazing 6 yrs. in a row (and i suspect joey will not beat him this July 4th)

Good post other then the lack of fact checking.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:39 AM

Old 06-23-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i was reading a post in OOT about a prop bet regarding taco bell which reminded me of thoughts when i see food eating contests. for example, the new record for eating hotdogs in 12 minutes is 59.5. the coney island hotdog contest is coming up july 4. its been won by a little asian guy the past couple year. how he does it i dont know.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off i find that phrase "little asian guy" demeaning in the context you used it as.
More importantly, he is no that little, he is 5'7 190 pounds (under 10% body fat), and the last time he was on TV he was very ripped. It is amazing what he can do.

Also, he hasnt won it for a couple years but for an amazing 6 yrs. in a row (and i suspect joey will not beat him this July 4th)

Good post other then the lack of fact checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

PC police just can't F%^&*#$ help themselves. If "little asian dude offends you" you should go jump in a vat of acid.

Your PC bull$%^& aside you are correct 5'7 190 racked with muscles is not "little" I applaud your ability to look at pictures of muscular men all day. I could not because I like girls [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2007, 01:58 AM

Its not that those words offend by themselves its how they were used in context as well as not being accurate.

I dont see what knowing how big someone is has to do with looking at men (maybe since you speak from SUCH personal expereince you can enlighten me)

10k fight, yo?