Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: I wish someone had raised PF

[ QUOTE ]
hmm... usually when someone grabs their chips like they are going to bet, it means that PLEASE DONT BET I HAVE A DRAW AND I WILL CALL!

[/ QUOTE ]

PJ said it was a subconscious reach. The above is usually a conscious maneuver in my opinion.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet this flop about 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if the 3 is something other than a 3? Like specifically 6-J?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends somewhat on my image, the specific players, blah blah blah. Almost no way I bet a 9, T or J. 7-8 some small amount. 5-6 a little more than half. 3-4 always.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What if the 3 is something other than a 3? Like specifically 6-J?

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally would bet this flop very often with K2 on a Q72r,Q62r,Q52r,Q42r,Q32r. Even if I knew I had no folding equity, these are the kind of spots I love to mix it up in cuz I dont want people to think that a bet from me into a large field always means top pair or better. I want them to always be a little suspicious when I bet. I will also bet out with a gut shot very often on all those boards I mentioned that can have a gutshot draw for the same reason.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think getting a free card was a really good result for Joker.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont want people to think that a bet from me into a large field always means top pair or better. I want them to always be a little suspicious when I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even in live play? Heck, most of the time I could bet, show them the queen and they'd still call. I can see the value of these unpredictable lines when playing online, but live I don't seen to have the problem of too little action on my good hands.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont want people to think that a bet from me into a large field always means top pair or better. I want them to always be a little suspicious when I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even in live play? Heck, most of the time I could bet, show them the queen and they'd still call. I can see the value of these unpredictable lines when playing online, but live I don't seen to have the problem of too little action on my good hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am way more apt to make this bet live than online. The good live players tend to pay attention more than good online players since most good online players are multitabling. Plus, this kind of bet gets punished alot more online whereas in live play Qx doesnt always raise the flop cuz live players are generally less aggressive.

Generally speaking, the kind of flops I like making these plays on are K8xr,K7xr,K6xr,K5xr,K4xr,K3xr,Q7xr,Q6xr,Q5xr,Q4xr, Q3xr. When I have a 5 outer with an overcard kicker or a gutshot to the nuts draw I dont mind betting out into a large field.

I dont think this variation play costs that much since this spot comes up so rarely, but If I was in a game where no one was paying attention then I would just play straight forward.