Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Weaktight goes crazy, I fold top pair.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone says it's a horrible 3bet on flop, but it seems to me it saved us 1 big bet. You have to fold when a guy with his stats caps flop and leads turn. That said, I'm sure if I were playing it I would have done what most others seem to like, which is to go into call down mode after flop c/r. And no, I do not like a river raise on 6d (or any other card for that matter).

[/ QUOTE ]

he can still have KdQd on the turn. So no, I don't like it. He can also have bottom pair plus flush draw on the turn.

He can also have bottom two which we have a lot of outs against.

Folding ui on the turn is bad without a really good read.

Also, metagame, if you fold here everytime, you will get run over in 6max games online.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think a player with 25 vpip and .6 agression caps/LEADS a naked* flush draw here?

Also, who the f cares about metagame vs a 25/x/.6. Metagame is a factor when he adapts to the way I play. If he would do that he wouldn't be 25/x/.6 in the first place imho.

*edited to add that obv KdQd or pair + FD isn't a naked FD, but still, do 25/x/.6 players cap/lead draws? :P
Old 06-22-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, who the f cares about metagame vs a 25/x/.6. Metagame is a factor when he adapts to the way I play. If he would do that he wouldn't be 25/x/1 in the first place imho.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT - and if making a good fold against a TP causes the aggro players to spew at you, what's wrong with that?
Old 06-23-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone says it's a horrible 3bet on flop, but it seems to me it saved us 1 big bet. You have to fold when a guy with his stats caps flop and leads turn. That said, I'm sure if I were playing it I would have done what most others seem to like, which is to go into call down mode after flop c/r. And no, I do not like a river raise on 6d (or any other card for that matter).

[/ QUOTE ]

he can still have KdQd on the turn. So no, I don't like it. He can also have bottom pair plus flush draw on the turn.

He can also have bottom two which we have a lot of outs against.

Folding ui on the turn is bad without a really good read.

Also, metagame, if you fold here everytime, you will get run over in 6max games online.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think a player with 25 vpip and .6 agression caps/LEADS a naked* flush draw here?

Also, who the f cares about metagame vs a 25/x/.6. Metagame is a factor when he adapts to the way I play. If he would do that he wouldn't be 25/x/.6 in the first place imho.

*edited to add that obv KdQd or pair + FD isn't a naked FD, but still, do 25/x/.6 players cap/lead draws? :P

[/ QUOTE ]

a 27/5/0.6 doesn't know how to play poker

and it's 90 hands

you have no idea what this player has.

so call the check raise on the flop, and call down.

putting yourself in a position to fold is your problem here.