Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: 8c 6c on the button

Any other opinions?
Old 06-22-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any other opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

betting again on the turn is retarded.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any other opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]l

When three posters with 3000+ posts all say the same thing they are probably right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any other opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]l

When three posters with 3000+ posts all say the same thing they are probably right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this was meant half in jest or not, but it's wrong. Number of posts is not indicative of quality of play/analysis. I mean nothing against the 3 posters referenced on this thread, just that the statement above is pretty meaningless.

However, in this case they are all definitely right. I can't believe this thread is still going. It's a standard free card play.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
checks obv

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
check and it's not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is why someone once told me that having position on your opponents was good.

Check.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
* grunch *

I take the free card here every time. Nice job on raising the flop for it as well as for equity but on the turn you've got absolutely nothing and it's unlikely you're going to fold 3 other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing your question revolves more around pot equity than folding equity or the like (of which you have zero). Assuming that you are holding the best flush draw, a bet here would have neutral equity if all 3 opponents call again. Yes, you picked up a gutshot, but it's to the ass end and I wouldn't even factor that into the equation; make the Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] a 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and then we have a value bet.

All that said, I think this is a pretty textbook example of when to take your free card. It's not hardly certain that nobody else has a higher flush draw, while not likely it is possible that someone's getting ready for a check/raise, and as I said, you are never going to get all 3 opponents to fold by firing two more barrels. So you don't have enough pot equity to bet your draw, and you don't have enough folding equity to semibluff...check it through.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any other opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

betting again on the turn is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This makes me feel good about getting advice (about small stakes holdem that is) from you guys. I'm glad that you found it obvious.

Nice work!
Old 06-22-2007, 01:46 PM

check. I guess you have the urge to steal. But a call outta 3 peeps means you're behind 99%, I would say. Even if a club comes, not necessarily good at this point. If you even had a gutshot added to the draw, it would be much more of a consideration, b/c then it's really becoming a steal play, but guising a pot build.

Person who said fold as 2nd option needs to keep brushing teeth and stop playing poker.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But a call outta 3 peeps means you're behind 99%, I would say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're being generous.

[ QUOTE ]
Even if a club comes, not necessarily good at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

A club would be the best thing that could happen on the river.

[ QUOTE ]
If you even had a gutshot added to the draw,

[/ QUOTE ]

He does.

[ QUOTE ]
Person who said fold as 2nd option needs to keep brushing teeth and stop playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you got that right. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-McGee
Old 06-22-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any other opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]l

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this was meant half in jest or not, but it's wrong. Number of posts is not indicative of quality of play/analysis. I mean nothing against the 3 posters referenced on this thread, just that the statement above is pretty meaningless.

However, in this case they are all definitely right. I can't believe this thread is still going. It's a standard free card play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was 100% serious. Obviously I don't think that everybody who posts a lot is always right but I guarentee you that the average poster with 2000ish+ posts (and I'm mostly stratigy posts - not OOT) is miles ahead of the average poster with 200 posts.

Post count and skill level probaably are not directly coorelated but those who post alot tend to work hard on their game and probably have been doing so for quite a while.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any other opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]l

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was 100% serious. Obviously I don't think that everybody who posts a lot is always right but I guarentee you that the average poster with 2000ish+ posts (and I'm mostly stratigy posts - not OOT) is miles ahead of the average poster with 200 posts.

Post count and skill level probaably are not directly coorelated but those who post alot tend to work hard on their game and probably have been doing so for quite a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remain calm. I wasn't inferring that the current posts are incorrect. I was just seeing if anyone had a different argument. I know what my answer is an wanted to see if others answer differed from mine and why.