Default Re: i hate these types of spots...preflop checkup with QQ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ez call, esp vs him and I would not describe him as a solid player

[/ QUOTE ]

ive seen this player do some REALLY stupid stuff. i instacall heree

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm....there are two people left to act behind him? what am i missing here? are you guys randomly overbet 4-bet shoving with 2 ppl in the middle of a squeeze and one squeezer left to go?

[/ QUOTE ]

one hand i remember vs him.

he limps UTG. MP pots. CO calls. I repot KK from the SB. he COLDSHOVES 200BB effective with T9s. I tanked and called.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh ya? who cares what the other two have, they just called preflop.

ummm....there are two people left to act behind him? what am i missing here? are you guys randomly overbet 4-bet shoving with 2 ppl in the middle of a squeeze and one squeezer left to go?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-20-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dlpnyc21,
this is a results-orientated post right? this is a very standard call and i'm sure you know that, i'm guessing he had AA/KK and that make you doubt yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not a fking results oriented post...i hate it when people on 2p2 say that...it's basically a math post, i guess...when you have this action, are people simply bluffing here with an overbet shove with 3 ppl left to act? if he does this with any frequency at all he is just plain spewing...
Old 06-20-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not really an overbet, and yes i would do this sometimes if i know villain is capable of squeezing light, which i'm sure you are.

The callers in between will very rarely have anything to call with, they are not an issue.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dlpnyc21,
this is a results-orientated post right? this is a very standard call and i'm sure you know that, i'm guessing he had AA/KK and that make you doubt yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not a fking results oriented post...i hate it when people on 2p2 say that...it's basically a math post, i guess...when you have this action, are people simply bluffing here with an overbet shove with 3 ppl left to act? if he does this with any frequency at all he is just plain spewing...

[/ QUOTE ]

he is spewing? What is your reraise % here? You do realize you are saying he is spewing, and at the same time considering folded all but 2 hands... do you not see the ridiculous contradiction?

First of all, in a straight up EV way of looking at this, you have enough equity to call, so call. Esp given this dude.

From a more meta perspective, think about it this way. You are in a relatively good squeeze spot, and it's not a bad idea to squeeze here with a relatively wide range (not saying u should bomb it every time, but obv you should repop kinda light here sometimes given the right dynamic). Given that it's profitable to do so, it means that the original raiser will be shoving a wideish range, tigher than your reraise range obv, but he will def not be folding AK, tt-jj, or even AQs sometimes (or as cts pointed out, T9ss...). If you are going to play so unbeleivably exploitable that you will reraise here and then fold the 3rd best hand u can have, well then thats just awful.

edit: though it was 1 cold caller not 2. makes my pt slightly worse but you get the idea.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dlpnyc21,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he is spewing? What is your reraise % here? You do realize you are saying he is spewing, and at the same time considering folded all but 2 hands... do you not see the ridiculous contradiction?

First of all, in a straight up EV way of looking at this, you have enough equity to call, so call. Esp given this dude.

From a more meta perspective, think about it this way. You are in a relatively good squeeze spot, and it's not a bad idea to squeeze here with a relatively wide range (not saying u should bomb it every time, but obv you should repop kinda light here sometimes given the right dynamic). Given that it's profitable to do so, it means that the original raiser will be shoving a wideish range, tigher than your reraise range obv, but he will def not be folding AK, tt-jj, or even AQs sometimes (or as cts pointed out, T9ss...). If you are going to play so unbeleivably exploitable that you will reraise here and then fold the 3rd best hand u can have, well then thats just awful.

edit: though it was 1 cold caller not 2. makes my pt slightly worse but you get the idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is a great post...i think meta game-wise, i am def. going to be squeezing here with a bunch of hands, which means if he wants to get frisky then he could theoretically shove a wide range profitably. HOWEVER, in this specific situation, with two cold callers between him, and my relatively tight image (at least at 25/50) I really do think he has a hand here the vast majority of the time. Honestly, i really agree with the pokerstove analysis, so it's a flip v. his range. interesting, though, that AK is a fold, and QQ is a call...

i didn't realize he was such a spewer or is capable of some crazy plays, from what i've seen/datamined of him he seemed solid, and when i played with him live in vegas he played very solidly (25/50/100 at bellag).

dlpncy21

ps. ansky, i really agree tho, meta game is the most impt. consideration overall.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 06-20-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This feels like KK or AA or at worst AKs but does he make this play with after 2 callers and reraise with AK, JJ or worse, IMO no

I fold expecting him to have KK or AA here most of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? This is 25/50, meant to be super aggro right? I play 400nl and 600nl and frequently see regs push A-x, especially suited, and lower pairs. Can you see how profitable it is for villain for shove A-3s if you are considering folding AK and QQ?

This hand is not close at all imo, and i am very surprised a high stakes respected pro like OP would make this post.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 06-20-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play live

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh ok, that explains it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]