Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Proposed UK law would make sex with (very) drunk women rape

Actually a male is just as entitled to charge a female with rape under those circumstances, or with the use of force. However, cases doing so are very rare. Most often, male rape cases are male-on-male forced sex cases, and as such, there is such sociological shame that the victime is rarely willing to prosecute.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:40 AM

I have always found the drunk deal ridiculous. I do agree if the guy is sober and the girl can't even keep her eyes open it is bad, but I have blacked out and then hooked up before. It wasn't like I knew any better what I was doing than the girl.

I also have a friend who is nuts about not having sex with anyone but a serious gf. He turns it down all the time, but twice has been "taken advantage" of when blackout. Although we all think good for him, if he was a femeale, we would be saying it was so horrible, etc. Just a really bad double standard IMO.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:42 AM

Mrkilla,

I know it is...I was just trying to point out that the Sun is a far more credible source of information than the Daily Mail...albeit part of the Rupert Murdoch evil political empire...

The Daily Mail has the worst content of any paper in the UK...It pretends to be a high-end quality read but instead has so many right-wing and extremist views that it makes it a pointless read..

So whatever they are saying its normally sensationalist and of very little value to the reader...

back on topic -

When I was a holiday rep we were told to steer clear of really drunk girls as it would make our lives a lot harder if we were taking advantage...However the girls came by the bucketload so drunk sex was the least of our worries...

Out of the girls I have slept with - 1 didn't remember as I was her 8th and shes now probably on about 75 min....

An another claims to have not known she had sex in the morning - although she woke me up to climb on top of me as I had passed out - we were both hammered....But I remember exactly what happened etc...

As a rule I steer clear of drunk sex unless the girl has a friend ok it, I don't normally meet complete randoms outside of going on holidays, so I normally know the people involved...in which case its back to mine for some action !

Vava
Old 06-20-2007, 09:44 AM

you know, as a man i am just not that worried about this. i hear all these horror stories about false accusations and the power imbalance and all that, but really, i have it pretty good as a man, and this is not a big deal.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:04 AM

I thought this was already passed?

The law states that if your blood alchohol level is beyond a certain point you are no longer legally able to judge your actions. Whether drunk driving, or any other action. If the amount to be a drunk driver is a pint (or so) does it follow that the same level applies to women having sex?

The law says (or will say) that, due to the alchohol, the woman cannot give consent to sex. At all. Doesn't matter what she says or did on the evening, legally she did not give consent.

I can see law this causing a rash of cases in the early years of it existance as overzelous prosecutors try to improve their conviction rates, especially considering the continual bad press over rape cases.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:22 AM

I think pretty much everything i could add here ive said in the other thread. The things i wonder about most is:

a, who defines what level of alcohol is too much - and what makes said person or test used qualified to do so
b, what if both parties are past said level of intoxication

Fwiw, as i said in that thread, i have no interest in hooking up with random drunk chicks so i doubt this will ever effect me, but i think this is definately going the wrong way to redress the balance in conviction rates - i mean how do you defend yourself if your side was that she was sober enough and consented, and she claims she wasnt sober enough so whilst she consented you werent meant to accept that consent.

Can the guy claim he was too drunk, so he didnt consent and in fact they raped each other? Is this the new Chewbacca Defense?

Also, Lol @ whoever said The Sun was trustworthy. Id rather just make up my own news, its about as likely to be as accurate and wont come with any inherant bias.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think pretty much everything i could add here ive said in the other thread. The things i wonder about most is:

a, who defines what level of alcohol is too much - and what makes said person or test used qualified to do so
b, what if both parties are past said level of intoxication

Fwiw, as i said in that thread, i have no interest in hooking up with random drunk chicks so i doubt this will ever effect me, but i think this is definately going the wrong way to redress the balance in conviction rates - i mean how do you defend yourself if your side was that she was sober enough and consented, and she claims she wasnt sober enough so whilst she consented you werent meant to accept that consent.

Can the guy claim he was too drunk, so he didnt consent and in fact they raped each other? Is this the new Chewbacca Defense?

Also, Lol @ whoever said The Sun was trustworthy. Id rather just make up my own news, its about as likely to be as accurate and wont come with any inherant bias.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter if both parties are drunk, you can still commit a crime if you're drunk. The law doesn't care if the guy is drunk, as long as the woman has had more than her legal limit of alchohol he is commiting rape.

The only way I could think of a "I was drunk too M'Lud" defense would help, is the way it helps on any other case - that the punishment is often lesser for someone acting under the influence. Guy is still in prison for rape though.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter if both parties are drunk, you can still commit a crime if you're drunk. The law doesn't care if the guy is drunk, as long as the woman has had more than her legal limit of alchohol he is commiting rape.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his question was if they were both drunk, would they both be committing rape? Would their crimes cancel out? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his question was if they were both drunk, would they both be committing rape? Would their crimes cancel out? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting point. I guess if computers were judging the trial and only applying the letter of the law both parties could end up in prison for rape (doesn't help much does it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). But, in the real world, with people on the jury, see how far it gets you.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This won't pass because we don't have the space to put anyone else in prison. Eventually rape will be legal.

[/ QUOTE ]

End thread............now.

fyc