Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 04:13 AM

Default Re: 10/20 LO8b - Not too exciting, but standard, weak or neutral EV fo

[ QUOTE ]
i agree that raising this hand is a mistake. it shuts out hands you want to play with who usually will come along, and it gets called by hands you're a dog to or even money with, and you're OOP.

but, i cant see folding here, ever, unless i know the opponent. villain has to have a very specific hand for him to scoop us on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]Tex - Your point of view makes sense to me. Part of the problem is Hero raised before the flop, thus making later decisions (if he missed a fit with the flop) more difficult.

My way of playing the hand would be to limp before the flop and then check/fold after this particular flop.

Once Hero has raised on the first betting round and then called on the second, the hand/board is very difficult to play.

Considering the way Pipes played the first and second betting rounds here, I'm inclined to agree with you about continuing on the turn - but it wouldn't get that far with me. I would lose a total of one small bet by limping and then folding after missing a fit with this particular flop.

Buzz
Old 06-21-2007, 04:48 AM

Default Re: 10/20 LO8b - Not too exciting, but standard, weak or neutral EV fo

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i agree that raising this hand is a mistake. it shuts out hands you want to play with who usually will come along, and it gets called by hands you're a dog to or even money with, and you're OOP.

but, i cant see folding here, ever, unless i know the opponent. villain has to have a very specific hand for him to scoop us on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]Tex - Your point of view makes sense to me. Part of the problem is Hero raised before the flop, thus making later decisions (if he missed a fit with the flop) more difficult.

My way of playing the hand would be to limp before the flop and then check/fold after this particular flop.

Once Hero has raised on the first betting round and then called on the second, the hand/board is very difficult to play.

Considering the way Pipes played the first and second betting rounds here, I'm inclined to agree with you about continuing on the turn - but it wouldn't get that far with me. I would lose a total of one small bet by limping and then folding after missing a fit with this particular flop.

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

agree, almost put that in my previous post. if i limp this hand then get raised, i usually c/f this flop without much thought as it is a poor fit.