Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Anyone from OKC here?

[ QUOTE ]
You really *'d me for that? Tell me what for please.

[/ QUOTE ]

because you made a terrible post
Old 06-18-2007, 08:03 PM

Okay, now I know why BBV4L says what they do.

F OOT!
Old 06-18-2007, 08:05 PM

F OOT indeed
Old 06-18-2007, 08:11 PM

I just spend two days in Oklahoma City. I will have to say two things:

1) I think it is an underrated city. I found the three bars I went to to be entertaining and filled with semi-hot girls.

2) I met some people that were really cool and gave me pointers on what is cool and what is not.

I only ate in my hotel, so I can't say anything for the food. Go to the Electo-Lounge if you are into the club scene. I believe that they just moved locations.

fyc
Old 06-18-2007, 08:13 PM

If he's convicted and loses his license for 2 years will he be able to get an OK license in that time?
Old 06-18-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's convicted and loses his license for 2 years will he be able to get an OK license in that time?

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on the state, but probably not, which is part of what makes this post better
Old 06-18-2007, 08:44 PM

LOL. OP, take this for what it's worth: 20 years ago, when I graduated from college, I took a crappy job with a bank in OKC. I relocated to OKC and managed to stay for 9 months before I just couldn't take it anymore. Here's my take on OKC - it's 20 years old, but I bet it still holds true:

PROS:

People are nice, most especially if you are white and Christian. I'm white and Jewish, so things were cool until religion came up in conversation. Unfortunately, religion came up in conversation 50% of the time; YMMV.

Prices are very affordable.

Decent BBQ is available.

CONS:

Not a good place to be anything other than white/Christian.

Damn hot in the summer, ice storms in the winter, and then there's the occasional hail storm/tornado/monsoon/plague of locust. I think the euphemism is "variable weather."

Lots of sprawl - OKC is a physically big city, stretching out for miles. The roads and highways the encircle the city are only so-so, so there's a lot of traffic.

Bad place for any type of cuisine other than burgers, steak, and BBQ - and if you can deep fry it, so much the better.

Nasty-tasting tap water.

Do you like college football? More specifically, do you like Oklahoma University football? 'Cause it's like a [censored] religion in that city.

As one comic put it: "Do you know why the motto on the state license plate is 'Oklahoma is OK?' It's because Oklahomans are too God-damned stupid to spell 'mediocre.'"

Now, I did meet some very nice folks in Oklahoma City, folks who were funny and genuine and not particularly uptight around strangers. I just didn't meet a lot of 'em.

Enjoy your time in OKC!
Old 06-18-2007, 08:47 PM

OP,

Bad news from the OK Driver's Manual.

[ QUOTE ]
DRIVER’S RECORD
Some collisions, any Oklahoma court conviction for a traffic violation, or any out-of-state court conviction will be put on your driving record. Your entire driving
record will be maintained by the Department and will be transferred if you apply for a license in another state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit:
Old 06-18-2007, 10:45 PM

To get a license in OK you need to give them your license from where ever you came from. If you still have it when you move then no problem except OK send the license back to the orig. state. Now, the orig. state will notify OK that your license was suspended for dui--OK will immediatly suspend your license and if you get any kind of ticket in OK you are screwed, period. Unless, of course, OK checks the state you came from in real time then you are screwed. There are some other senarios but this is too long already.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:28 PM

Trust me, I talked to my lawyer, this is all legal and possible. Thanks for the tips.
Closed Thread