Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Dutch speakers, plz help

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, what band and venue are we talking about?

I could help you out with a phone call in Dutch, or advise you if the band is worth seeing at all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Pearl Jam in Goffert Park on the 28th of June, definitely worth seeing by my standards. It would be awesome if you'd be willing to call them for me
Old 06-18-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I could help you out with a phone call in Dutch, or advise you if the band is worth seeing at all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Pearl Jam in Goffert Park on the 28th of June, definitely worth seeing by my standards. It would be awesome if you'd be willing to call them for me

[/ QUOTE ]
Goffert Park is not a venue, it is a park. Normally, there are no concerts in the park. Where the heck did you send your e-mail? Maybe to the concierge of the park or something, and that would make their answer more logical than it seemed at first.

Mojo are indeed organising the Pearl Jam concert. I just shot an e-mail to what is probably their e-mail address (info@mojo.nl), and will call them tomorrow, if still necessary, and if I can find their phone number (it is 12.30am here now, and their phone number is not on their website).

<personal rant>
Mojo are an evil company, big monopolist. As a true music lover I hate them with a passion.
</personal rant>
Old 06-18-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Goffert Park is not a venue, it is a park. Normally, there are no concerts in the park. Where the heck did you send your e-mail? Maybe to the concierge of the park or something, and that would make their answer more logical than it seemed at first.

Mojo are indeed organising the Pearl Jam concert. I just shot an e-mail to what is probably their e-mail address (info@mojo.nl), and will call them tomorrow, if still necessary, and if I can find their phone number (it is 12.30am here now, and their phone number is not on their website).

<personal rant>
Mojo are an evil company, big monopolist. As a true music lover I hate them with a passion.
</personal rant>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot! Yeah, I was probably way off with the e-mail. I found Goffert park homepage, which was in Dutch and the only thing I understood was their contact link; info@ goffertpark or something.

I'm sure Mojo's evil, but as long as they're enabling me to see PJ, I'll happily throw some money their way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<personal rant>
</personal rant>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot! Yeah, I was probably way off with the e-mail. I found Goffert park homepage, which was in Dutch and the only thing I understood was their contact link; info@ goffertpark or something.

I'm sure Mojo's evil, but as long as they're enabling me to see PJ, I'll happily throw some money their way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just checked, and the Goffert Park website is maintained by just someone who lives in the neighbourhood of the park. Can't blame him for the e-mail.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<personal rant>
</personal rant>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just checked, and the Goffert Park website is maintained by just someone who lives in the neighbourhood of the park. Can't blame him for the e-mail.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol guess not. He/she must have thought I was pretty stupid
Old 06-19-2007, 05:42 AM

98Suited,

Just received a reply from Mojo. This is where stuff gets good. Welcome to Dutch bureaucracy.

They ask me for a post address, so they can send a letter in which they give permission to bring a folding chair.

If you let me know your name and e-mail address through PM, I'll ask them to send the letter as an e-mail attachment. Messing around with snailmail doesn't seem wise to me.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:55 AM

I am so gonna be looking for a pregnant woman in a folding chair now... well not really but I'll be at the concert as well so I might just spot it accidentally.