Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Re: What\'s so bad about amnesty?

[ QUOTE ]
So GWB wants to give the illegal aliens that are here amnesty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sends a message that it's ok to break the law and it's ok for it to continue, eventually all will be forgiven. I realize you're asking this question because you are weighing the pros and cons of the provisions in the legislation before Congress. For those that want to grant amnesty for breaking U.S. laws, would you be ok with a Scooter Libby a pardon?
Old 06-18-2007, 11:32 AM

True, there is a strong racist sentiment amongst some in the anti-immigrant crowd.

Just like there is a strong sentiment among some the pro-immigrant/liberal crowd of seeing this as an opportunity to import vast amounts of poor, brown people who will continually vote for a nanny state.

Both sides of this debate have dark sides tainting them.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I'm wondering how much of the outcry against amnesty has to do with actual, concrete negative consequences this would have on current citizens? (And what are those negative consequences?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Negatives:

- More crime (the Hispanic crime rate is about 3 times that of white Americans).

[/ QUOTE ]

Site please (or a retraction if the site does not adjust for income).
Old 06-18-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I'm wondering how much of the outcry against amnesty has to do with actual, concrete negative consequences this would have on current citizens? (And what are those negative consequences?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Negatives:

-Unskilled immigrants are on average a financial drain on society (only 30 percent or so of immigrating Mexicans have finished high school).

[/ QUOTE ]

Please show me the site where unkilled immigrants are compared to unskilled non immigrants. Thank you.

Alternatively you could try to convince me why unkilled people born in one location are somehow superior to unskilled people born in another location.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

brainwalter:

google operation [censored] I think

[/ QUOTE ]

it's called operation w e t b a c k

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sad that this site censors history.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Alternatively you could try to convince me why unkilled people born in one location are somehow superior to unskilled people born in another location.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having to subsidize an unskilled worker born in San Diego is preferable to supporting him as well as an unskilled worker born in Tijuana. Having only the guy in San Diego voting to take your money is preferable to both of them doing it.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Having to subsidize an unskilled worker born in San Diego is preferable to supporting him as well as an unskilled worker born in Tijuana. Having only the guy in San Diego voting to take your money is preferable to both of them doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you have blinders on, you need to look at the whole economic picture to see what is financially preferable.

If the uskilled worker born in Tijuana is not there then whatever job he is doing will go undone or a premium will be placed on the labor and a higher price will be paid either way.

And as far as someone voting to take your money, if you are a republican you are either ignorant or blind. Republicans grab your money just as much as democtrats do. And the void of one less voter does not change who is grabbing your money, it doesn't matter if the guy raping your ass is dressed in a donkey suit or an elephant suit.

I'm still waiting on the income adjusted data or a retraction btw.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Negatives:

- More crime (the Hispanic crime rate is about 3 times that of white Americans).

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The incarceration rate for Hispanic males was 264% of that for whites in 2005. Link

Adjusting for income is completely irrelevant. If I had argued against implementing a point system to bring in high-skilled Mexican immigrants by citing crime rates of unskilled Hispanics, you would have had a point, but it is exactly these low-income Mexicans (who later go on to have low-income children) who are in the US illegaly now, and will be so permanently in case of an amnesty.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Negatives:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Adjusting for income is completely relevant .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. I can't say that I am surprised that you copped out. It gives great insight into the type of person that you are.

The rest of the world knows that crime is generally associated to economic status. By willfully ignoring this reality you show YOUR true color.

Correlation does not equal causation. Well, for the ignorant it might I suppose.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By willfully ignoring this reality you show YOUR true color.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is white.