Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Part II

Mitch -

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure what you are suggesting - do you think he is intending to CR the turn?

FWIW, I talked to Kevin a bit and he told me he doesn't beat the 15/30. Maybe just table talk or he might have meant recently, but I agree that he seemed too weak tight to be a big winner.

HF
Old 06-17-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mitch -

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure what you are suggesting - do you think he is intending to CR the turn?

FWIW, I talked to Kevin a bit and he told me he doesn't beat the 15/30. Maybe just table talk or he might have meant recently, but I agree that he seemed too weak tight to be a big winner.

HF

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be table talk, but he really hasnt played enough to know for sure. I believe his style is good enough to beat the typical 15 lineup. My guess is that he is intending to bet/3. He wouldnt lead out into this field w/o the intention of 3betting imo. With this board you should expect a couple of coldcallers and it would be nice to trap them for 3 while you still have an equity advantage. Kevin should do your dirty work for you.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:13 AM

Kevin checked the turn. So should we bet and hope that the limpers call and the LAG raises? Do we still have an equity edge on the turn?
Old 06-17-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some backgound on the SB. Those of you who play there probably know him. He is older with glasses and usually plays 15/30, where he is probably breakeven at best. He is good enough to beat the 8/16 and probably one of the better players at the table, but not great by any means. I think that his name is Kevin.

So SB bets the flop, I call, limpers call, LAG raises, SB calls. I see the limpers readying chips to call.

I call?

Turn is the 9h and the SB checks. I....?

[/ QUOTE ]

Keving betting this flop would scare the [censored] out of me. IMO the only reason to raise would be to clean up some ace outs, but if Kevin donks here I think he very likely has AQ.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:23 AM

why arent you 3 betting the flop for equity?? cp 8/16 players are peeling with any J, Q, straight draw of any sort-
you have nut flush draw and gutterball to nut straight with a slim chance Ace ball is live (pretty slim but at cp possibe)- get bets into the pot
on the turn c/c > b/c > c/r > f
Old 06-17-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Re: CP 8/16 - In stages

I don't know this kevin guy but its gonna be a lot easier to cap this puppy if you start the raising now.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kevin checked the turn. So should we bet and hope that the limpers call and the LAG raises? Do we still have an equity edge on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, just check the turn.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Results and thoughts

I thought that this hand was interesting because, although I would love to bloat the pot with my monster draw, I don't really see a place to do it here. I think that raising the flop immediately (or call - 3 betting the flop) causes the limpers to fold. All but the worst 8/16 players are going to fold most one pair hands if faced with two cold on this type of board.

On the turn I chose to check, because even though my straight draw just turned open ended, I don't think that my equity is that great with one card to go.

So the turn checks the PF raiser who bets, Kevin CRs and I call two cold. Limpers fold and I assume that my hand is face up at this point. I put Kevin on exactly 22, because I would think that he 3 bets QQ or JJ PF. The river was the Kc and Kevin still bets into me, I raise, the LAG mucks what he says was JJ. I call and Kevin had about the only other hand that made sense, Q9 clubs.

HF
Old 06-17-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Results and thoughts

Kevin might not 3 ball JJ out of blind in a multi-way pot. I was thinking JJ or QJ.