Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Players forced to play $2k NL WSOP event in 100 degree tent

I echo in agreement every single thing aaron said. I was in the pavillion, i'm glad i busto'd early, i went straight to the bellagio, I hate the rio, it was miserable
Old 06-16-2007, 12:19 AM

i was in the tent today also, and it was extremely hot. i did hear from one of the floor people that they are installing 2 additional air conditioning units and will be covering the walkway between the two buildings. that should help alot.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was in the tent today also, and it was extremely hot. i did hear from one of the floor people that they are installing 2 additional air conditioning units and will be covering the walkway between the two buildings. that should help alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't understand why they need the tent AT ALL! Last time I walked through the Rio convention center, I passed several huge conference rooms that were completely air-conditioned and EMPTY. Why not use one of the rooms adjacent to the Amazon room to accommodate the cash games and another to accommodate SNG's, etc.? Keep the Amazon room focused on tourney play.

This is obviously way too simple of a solution so I'm sure there's some extremely valid reason why this isn't occuring, but I can't for the life of me guess what that is.

- T
Old 06-17-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope the extra expense of adding the walkway and air condition units negates any profit they reap from the cash games in the main room.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i live in Vegas & it was pretty f'n hot today - even though i wasn't down at Rio. your post is interesting...

...but for some reason i still can't stop thinking about how silly you looked when you took the chair cover and twirlled it around a couple years ago. sorry for the biased reaction - i just can't help it. having you rant and rave doesn't hold as much weight to me i suppose...

for what it's worth - i agree with everything you wrote & it sounds like you have a legit complaint...it's just that damned first impression thing i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.

It's always important to make sure you personally like someone before you take their valid point seriously.

Actually, you're onto something. It actually wasn't very hot in there. I just made myself really hot from swinging the seat cover around so much after every hand I won. I was hoping nobody would catch on to that detail, but you're far too sharp for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is not that he personally does not like you. The point is that you have acted like a jackass on national television, so it is not impossible that you are acting like a jackass now.

If you were a complete gentleman like, say, Dan Harrington, your whining would have more weight than when you are the loser that everyone knows from your previous idiotic displays.

He also went ahead and agreed with everything you wrote. It shows the kind of person that you are that you attacked him anyway.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:24 AM

LAWL
Old 06-16-2007, 01:50 AM

Adding heat to the mix of a poker tournament is wrong. I work 30 hrs/week, outside, in the sun w/ umpire's equipment, pants and a blue shirt on. I can deal with the heat.

How well could Doyle Brunson or a pregnant Annie Duke (historical example) deal with it?

It'd be an obvious advantage to someone like me.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:56 AM

Here is the thing about the WSOP. It is a lot like gas prices.

People complain all day long about gas prices, you know the rhetoric:

"Oil Companies are gouging us"

"OPEC is gouging us"

"Iran is screwing us"

However, not a single person I know has made a single attempt to use less gas. Indeed, we use MORE GAS THAN EVER BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thus, no change to the gas price.

There is only one thing that is going to lower gas prices, and is when the glutton Americans STOP USING SO MUCH GAS!!!!!!!!

Of course we don't. We buys larger cars, not smaller ones.

We buys autos with worse MPG rating, not better.

We don't car pool, don't use mass transit, don't curtail travel.

We are total gluttons, almost pathologically hooked on foreign oil.

Same with WSOP.

Lines get longer, not smaller. Tournaments are run worse, not better.

Cards get worse, not better.

Playing conditions are worse, not better.

Still issues with dealers, color-ups and prize pools.

The only problem here is PEOPLE CONTINUE TO FLOCK TO THE WSOP.

It is eerie, as though players are addicted, almost subliminally, to the attention they get from the WSOP.

What human being would play in a tent that could collapse at any time and cause severe injury?? A human being that is not so well. What does the temperature need to be before a player says, no way, I cannot play?????

Did a single player quit because of the conditions???? NO, instead, they wasted 2K by purposely donking off chips so they could get out of the tent.

I have to say the current WSOP client is not in a well state of mind.......you agree??

It is almost like HET is laughing at the players, saying "I know you guys are going to put up with our sub-standard presentation.......you cannot stay away!!"

Dan, with all due respect, I seriously doubt you will boycott the WSOP, even though HET and its director guy who talked to you, the customer, like you were an a$$hole, are essentially daring you to not return.

I am waiting for the day to come for the players to have the GUTS to boycott, but I know it won't happen.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i live in Vegas & it was pretty f'n hot today - even though i wasn't down at Rio. your post is interesting...

...but for some reason i still can't stop thinking about how silly you looked when you took the chair cover and twirlled it around a couple years ago. sorry for the biased reaction - i just can't help it. having you rant and rave doesn't hold as much weight to me i suppose...

for what it's worth - i agree with everything you wrote & it sounds like you have a legit complaint...it's just that damned first impression thing i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.

It's always important to make sure you personally like someone before you take their valid point seriously.

Actually, you're onto something. It actually wasn't very hot in there. I just made myself really hot from swinging the seat cover around so much after every hand I won. I was hoping nobody would catch on to that detail, but you're far too sharp for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is not that he personally does not like you. The point is that you have acted like a jackass on national television, so it is not impossible that you are acting like a jackass now.

If you were a complete gentleman like, say, Dan Harrington, your whining would have more weight than when you are the loser that everyone knows from your previous idiotic displays.

He also went ahead and agreed with everything you wrote. It shows the kind of person that you are that you attacked him anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

Whether or not you approved or liked my behavior on TV is immaterial, because it has absolutely no bearing on this situation.

If I had a history of dishonesty or exaggeration in situations like these, you would have a point. However, it's actually quite the opposite. Everyone who has known me in the poker world -- whether live or online -- will tell you that I'm honest and a straight-shooter.

Obviously I am bringing out a very real and unsettling situation that occurred at the WSOP that affected over 600 people and is easily verifiable.

It's the sort of thing that should be made public when Harrah's royally screws over its players, because it affects all of us.

To come back with, "Yeah, but you're the seat cover guy! We can't trust you!" turns this thread into a stupid sideshow.

If you can't understand how one has absolutely nothing to do with the other, then you're even dumber than you appear.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

Whether or not you approved or liked my behavior on TV is immaterial, because it has absolutely no bearing on this situation.

If I had a history of dishonesty or exaggeration in situations like these, you would have a point. However, it's actually quite the opposite. Everyone who has known me in the poker world -- whether live or online -- will tell you that I'm honest and a straight-shooter.

Obviously I am bringing out a very real and unsettling situation that occurred at the WSOP that affected over 600 people and is easily verifiable.

It's the sort of thing that should be made public when Harrah's royally screws over its players, because it affects all of us.

To come back with, "Yeah, but you're the seat cover guy! We can't trust you!" turns this thread into a stupid sideshow.

If you can't understand how one has absolutely nothing to do with the other, then you're even dumber than you appear.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like a punk. No wonder people don't like you.