Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Re: why aren\'t there MTT bots?

i disagree! people are smart! it can be done!
Old 06-16-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MTT bots would be infinately harder to program than cash game bots because of all the changing blinds and stack sizes

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think so

[/ QUOTE ]

I know so they would be tougher [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

come on. if you are smart enough to program something that can win at deepstack poker you can program something that wins with 15bb.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you programmed something to shortstack profitably you should throw them in full ring cash games
Old 06-16-2007, 10:39 AM

clearly this proves that tournament players are far better than cash game donks.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if you programmed something to shortstack profitably you should throw them in full ring cash games

[/ QUOTE ]

IMSAKIDD-BOT 1.0 FTW?

P.S. Dear shortstackers, please die in a grease fire.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:14 PM

Because situations constantly (or at least more rapidly than cash games) change in tournaments. Not just blinds, but you are constantly switching tables and making plays based on reads, table dynamics, how many people are left in the tournament, etc. In a cash game, you can play pretty much the same game the whole time.

Edit: BTW, I think an MTT tournament bot would be real easy to beat.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because situations constantly (or at least more rapidly than cash games) change in tournaments. Not just blinds, but you are constantly switching tables and making plays based on reads, table dynamics, how many people are left in the tournament, etc. In a cash game, you can play pretty much the same game the whole time.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh nos! the blinds are going up! there's no way you could possibly program a bot to account for that!

seriously you guys are clowns. i wish i could program a MTT bot just so i can laugh at u.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh nos! the blinds are going up! there's no way you could possibly program a bot to account for that!

seriously you guys are clowns. i wish i could program a MTT bot just so i can laugh at u.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure I specifically said that I am NOT just talking about the blinds increasing. So...yeah. You're a clown.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not just the blinds, but the stack size changes in relation to the blinds, different parts of the tournament (inflection points?) such as the bubbles, early play, mid-stage play, early FT play, late FT play, taking advantage of people who are folding their way to a higher payoff, restealing from people raising too much..... the list goes on, ducy why a cash game bot is much easier to make/harder to exploit(in comparison).
Old 06-16-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you overcome the two main problems with bots - hungry and sleepy?
Old 06-16-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure I specifically said that I am NOT just talking about the blinds increasing. So...yeah. You're a clown.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a towel!