Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: NL25 - JJ overpair vs. tight pf-reraiser

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(he'd expect us to c/r with a made hand)

[/ QUOTE ]
Why i like check raise. element of surprise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he will fold AK right to it. But we lose a lot when he has a hand (since he's so tight I'd expect him to have a hand pretty often.)
C/c is cheaper; its only disadvantage is that villain gets to see another card for his AK, but I guess that's less dangerous than raising 2/3 of our stack against such a tight guy ...
Old 06-14-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
check call and check fold is not very informative. If he bets and you call do you know anything? you are going to be punished by bluffs as well as made hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he bets flop and turn after that preflop action I think that's very informative. I can't see him double barrel bluff 2/3 of his stack with ui AK.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:37 AM

i think lead out and not let him check behind and catch an A or K with his AK and fold to a shove. a shove means he does have QQ-AA but you didnt call with odds to only hit a set. in that case you should have folded PF.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:48 AM

My point here is to lead out is that you will take those pots down, which he would bet unpaired if you dont bet. Im not sure if im clear, my english is not that good at all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think lead out and not let him check behind and catch an A or K with his AK and fold to a shove. a shove means he does have QQ-AA but you didnt call with odds to only hit a set. in that case you should have folded PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right my call wasn't for set value alone, I expected to be able to get some more value when villain misses with AK. I'm just trying to figure out how to get this value and I think this question comes down to whether villain will just fold if we bet out (then we should do so imo) or if he might play back / float with a worse hand.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:11 AM

I lead out here for $5.50.. fold to a raise. If he calls, I'm checking the turn and folding to a bet, unless I hit a J or 8 on the turn.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:21 AM

I'd ckeck call one bet. When you call the reraise you are mainly pling for set value. You now lose to everything but AK so don't put alot of money in here. ck raise is bad as AK folds all better hands shove.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:27 AM

As a general rule low stakes players play pretty stright foward in reraised pots (i.e. they won't bet twice with a hand worse than JJ on this board. A check raise is pretty bad spew as you are rissking most of your stack and you are never ahead when called and you are not ahead much anyway. Leading doen't accomplis much except making AK fold and not see its 6 outs. That is not a good enogh reason to bet here.