Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Some WSOP 5K hands

I call 2-3-4..shane has 66 in hand 2, JJ in hand 3, and qt in hand 4. (or something)

I dont know why, but I kind of want to bet the turn in hand one. You represent ak and aq so well here that you could get lots of better hands to fold, and still have a lot you could do on the river if you get called. Maybe not all of the time, but I definitely think that a good part of the time you can bet that turn....your hand is pretty well disguised here.

sheets
Old 06-14-2007, 04:13 PM

1 - pefect.

2 - fold but i think betting turn is probably a good option. his range seems like more small/mid pairs than flushes and it merges your 2 barrel range if you are usually betting two big cards w/ 1 club here.

3 - i'd bet the turn unless the board was badugi because it's easy for one of the other ppl to put you on a fd and peel for one bet, then i'd check behind most rivs unless i thought he was ready to call another bet with worse.

4 - fold. i think he has a ten like always.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:22 PM

Can someone explain why hand 2 would be a fold? Can this never be a bet with something like TT/88 believing hero has AK or nothing. All hero did in the hand was cbet one time, and then check a scare card. How would hero play AK/AQs any differently?
Old 06-14-2007, 10:37 PM

1 nh
2 i like call. wouldn't he value bet some middle pairs?
3 i guess i'd fold. it seems like a crappy spot to bluff
4 i think i'd fold. his hand seems a lot like a T who was tryin to take it down on flop and decided to take the free card
Old 06-15-2007, 11:45 PM

1) bet the turn,
2) flip a coin
3) fold
4) fold
Old 06-16-2007, 03:18 AM

Everyone seems to like hand 1. I think I played it fine, but I think a flop raise might be ok. I was worried Scott was leading something big since it was into so many people. But if he had a set wouldn't he check raise with his position relative to me-the preflop raiser? I was planning on bluffing the turn if he checked to me but I thought the ace was a bad card to represent. When I call the flop I'm representing an overpair, so if I bet the turn I'm only representing AA. Still it's a tough call with one pair/not aces. It's also possible if he had a set he'd go for a check raise on that turn card. I don't necessarily think that's a good play, but it's possible he could see that card and just kind of auto check with the plan to c/r.

I'm pretty sure I win the pot if any other overcard comes on the turn. Do people like betting the turn if a different overcard comes?

Sheets, I admit that it will be difficult for them to call if I bet the ace turn, but I don't think I ever have AK/AQ there on the turn. Calling the flop with AK/AQ with so many people behind me seems really bad.

It looks pretty evenly split among calling and folding for the last three hands.

I called in hand 2 and Shane showed QJc for the turned flush. I don't have very good reasoning for calling the river, but I thought there was a chance that he was either valuebetting worse, or maybe called the flop for value and turned it into a bluff on the river. I think it's kind of a sloppy call though and I might not have made it if the 1250 significantly affected my stack.

I also called in hand 3. My QQ was good.

In hand 4 I folded the river. His bet (800 into 1k)on the flop felt like AT/QT/JT/9T to me. So did his quick check behind on the turn. After I folded he showed a T.

Another hand I forgot about...I open TT utg for 300, 11k deep. MP decent donk calls, Shane makes it 1300 right behind him, folds to me. As soon as the guy started reaching for chips to call I thought Shane was going to squeeze. I just dumped it. It just seems like a really tough spot for me. I don't think I can play it for set value as I don't think Shane has a big pair enough of the time. And I'm going to have to commit a bunch of chips with one pair if I'm going to win the pot unimproved. Is this super standard? If it's someone else who I'm pretty sure has AA/KK then I should call, right?
Old 06-16-2007, 04:31 AM

Hand 1: The turn is close I might bet when BigRisky checks planning on betting 100% of rivers if its HU on the river.

Hand 2: I probably bet fold the turn. I think shane will call worse but most of his c/r will have us beat so we can safely fold.

Hand 3: I think I bet the turn you have the best hand almost always and can definetely be called by worse.

Hand 4: Once you check I think you need to fold. Shane will bet most two pair/sets on the turn and will rarely bluff such a hittable board in a multiway limped pot. Given this I think he has a straight a lot. That said I might bet the river for value but its very close.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:24 PM

No stack sizes given for shane but....

I really do not think he is squeezing here with people left to act. I think he has QQ,KK,AA,AK...does he really pay you off with the big pairs every time you hit a ten? If a king or ace comes he doesnt pay you off with qq and if an ace comes he doesnt pay you have with KK although he does pay you off with AK most of the time.

So essentially, I guess fold...with all of the above obv depending on his stack size.

sheets
Old 06-16-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1 good
2 fold
3 fold
4 call

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-16-2007, 02:53 PM

Assuming Shane (and other limper) both have you covered with 11k+, I feel like the TT is a call. Even if you know the limper is folding, I still think it's a call. It's hard to really provide an argument for it, but I think it's pretty easy spot postflop (when limper calls), because it's going to force Shane to play pretty damn straight forward with a 4k pot OOP. It's obviously not a dream spot, but I still think it's profitable if very high variance because of it's marginalness.