Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: What Have I Been Up To? (NC)

Kids these days.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that's exciting stuff. How does it feel?

[/ QUOTE ]

zorbing, I couldn't stop laughing the entire way down.

Skydiving is like no feeling you'll ever have. Not scary (for me at least) but oh my god was it fun.

The bungy was the only 1 I was scared at and my god was I bricking it....so scary, but SUCH a rush

The canyon swing I wasn't scared even for a second (although others were) but I was just laughing and smiling the entire way through....and I LOVE how teh guys [censored] with you
Old 06-14-2007, 06:54 PM

dan,
when do you get back?

how long was your trip and where did you all go (in summarization)?

trip report in segments ? plz plz plz?
Old 06-14-2007, 07:14 PM

nice life. I'm sure lots of us would love to do the around-the-world trip Dan Bitel style as well. any suggestions/recommendations? Are you traveling with friends?
Old 06-14-2007, 07:38 PM

best post on this forum in months
Old 06-14-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Skydiving is like no feeling you'll ever have. Not scary (for me at least) but oh my god was it fun.

The bungy was the only 1 I was scared at and my god was I bricking it....so scary, but SUCH a rush

The canyon swing I wasn't scared even for a second (although others were) but I was just laughing and smiling the entire way through....and I LOVE how teh guys [censored] with you

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet. nh
Old 06-14-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, that bungy looked insane. I don't think I could stomach that.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:32 PM

ugh... just watching those vids make my stomach hurt... i get scared climbing up a stepladder...

nh
Old 06-14-2007, 08:53 PM

DB, very nice, but we need more pictures of hot chicks on beaches.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:58 PM

[censored] me I hate life...I just typed out an entire summery of thailand, clicked submit and I got some gay error message.

Lets try again.

I'm going to write the trip report in parts and using a lot of pics to help out. If a mod could please change the thread title to show its also a trip report, that would be cool. I'm also going to where possible mention as little as I can or use as few pics as possible of people I've met, as I don't know if they would want sorties and pics of them floating around internet forums.

THAILAND:

Bangkok:

So we (me and a friend from university) get off the plane in Bangkok, pretty unprepared. We don't know where we're staying, we don't know where to go, we don't have the right vaccinations etc etc. So we do what all backpackers do in bangkok, we head for ko san road. Ko san road is crazy. Peop,e everywhere shouting at you. People cooking and selling spring rolls and pad thai on the side of teh road....madness. In our few days here, we managed to see a few temples, buddahs, have some rides on tuk tuks and of course got severly smashed every night. We managed to find a drum and bass club that had a dance floor of sand with deck chairs! The weather was 90s for sure and the food was always eaten from the side of the road.

Koh Pangan:

The bus (and then boat) ride to koh pangan was a bitch. Was 18 hours...the air con broke....our bags were riffled thru! Koh pangan is amazing. We had planned to only stay a few days, but we ended up staying over a week we loved it so much. Its famous for its full moon parties, but we weren't there for one. The parties there are crazy thought. We went out every single night. You go down to the beach where you drink BUCKETS full of alcohol, consisting of an entire bottle of whisky, coke and red bull which rumours say is laced with speed. There is rings of fire to jump through, rope on fire to skip rope over. Then they crack out the sound system and every1 parties on the beach till the early hours.

The half moon party was crazy. Was on teh night of the Man U 7 - 1 Roma match, so we were all buzzing before the alchol. Then we went to an all night rave in the middle of the jungle. The best night though of thailand and possibaly my life was when our hostel threw a pool party, which was also on teh 1st day of Thai new year. For those who don't know....this is basically a 3 day, countywide non-stop water fight. Even old ladies are all day long throwing water from their windows...its mad! Anyway...we head to the beach as per usual to get some buckets in. About half way through our 1st bucket, we got soacked by a mixture of thais and backpackers. We threw away the remaining alcohol in the buckets and had an hour long water fight! When we head back to the hostel, the party is in full swing...about 100 people in teh pool and AT LEAST 100 on the dancefloor. The music was amazing and ecvery1 was diving in and out of the pool and dancing in it....SUCH FUN! Then at like 3 or 4 AM or something when the party was at its peak a thunder storm starts...so sureal (considering it was the water festival). Then lightening starts and all the power cuts off. The only light was the lightening coming down in the background. After a few mins, they get enough power back for just the DJ and lights on the dancefloor, but in near darkness, every1 keep dancing in the pool! I Watch the sun rise on the beach and then call it a night!

Koh Tao:

We wanted to head to krabi and koh phi phi (where the beach was filmed) but due to storms, our boat got cancelled, so we headed to a nearby island called koh tao instead, which is said to have the best diving in thailand. The island was utterly beatiful, and the way of life sooo chilled. We were there only 2 nights, so the 1 full day we booked diving. Stupidly, we got drunk the night before and slept through our alarm! So we went kayaking instead....fun...but not rly the same! The 2 days were really really chilled.

Bangkok:

So we got back to bangkok to fly onto australia. We bumped into some people we met in other places in thailand, so we had another crazy night out. Not until we had an amazing arab-thai meal for about $3 per person.

And so That is thailand. We didn't do as much cultural stuff as we would have liked, but had an amazing time. I would have loved to have stayed for longer, and also to have gone around south east asia more...maybe cambodia, laos, vietnam, bali.

Anyway onto Australia....