Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 06:53 AM

Default Re: WSOP Trip Report part 9. The German Connection, Event 22

[ QUOTE ]
You mentioned the war, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

Bond, keep it up! You're just collecting enough good karma to use at the ME. I really enjoy your trip reports!
Old 06-14-2007, 07:24 AM

Great report, keep up the good work. Hopefully that Karma kicks it ass into gear in the next tourney..
Old 06-14-2007, 09:49 AM

Bond, I'm really enjoying reading your trip reports, but I'll enjoy the first one where you cash heaps more.

GL dude.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bond, I'm really enjoying reading your trip reports, but I'll enjoy the first one where you cash heaps more.

GL dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 06-14-2007, 11:06 AM

It's Brad Berman.

there's a picture of him after winning the $1000 main event in Minnesota at the Canterbury Fall Classic here:

Brad Berman's pic
Old 06-14-2007, 11:32 AM

So next time somebody mentions PokerStars being rigged can I link them to your trip reports?
Hold your head up high Bond, playing well and running bad is no fault of your own.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:32 AM

Bond...

what day 1 are you choosing for the ME...if its not Day 3 I would like to sweat your table some...I seem to be pretty good luck when I do....

Trip reports are great...keep em up....stack the cash soon...
Old 06-14-2007, 11:35 AM

STOP IT GODDAMNIT.

anyway, I played a live $200 super-donkament at canterbury yesterday, so I'll also share a couple amusing hands. On one, a guy limps 35o at 100/200 , shortstack shoves for 1500, another guy calls, he calls and says something about gambling it up. checked around until the river on a 46K89 board or something, he bets the dry side pot, other guy folds, he flips 35o and says "busted straight draw"... shortstack picks up the pot w/ whatever he had. ooooook.

later, 200/400, guy with a 5k stack raises to 1200 from MP, SB makes it 2500 with another 900 or so behind. MP agonizes and calls, flop comes K92 two hearts, SB shoves his 900 in (shocker!), MP agonizes and....
folds TT face up.

many other amusing moments, but I'll leave you with that
Old 06-14-2007, 11:54 AM

This one was really looking up until that damn turn Q!

[ QUOTE ]
#$YOSIRY#DFHDFHDHFDHG$# !!!!!!! [censored] YOU KARMA!!! Live poker has been restored to its full blown riggedness again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't have said it better myself! Keep it up though because you're due a heater based on all the BS thats gone against you so far...
Old 06-14-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyway, I played a live $200 super-donkament at canterbury yesterday, so I'll also share a couple amusing hands. On one, a guy limps 35o at 100/200 , shortstack shoves for 1500, another guy calls, he calls and says something about gambling it up. checked around until the river on a 46K89 board or something, he bets the dry side pot, other guy folds, he flips 35o and says "busted straight draw"... shortstack picks up the pot w/ whatever he had. ooooook.

later, 200/400, guy with a 5k stack raises to 1200 from MP, SB makes it 2500 with another 900 or so behind. MP agonizes and calls, flop comes K92 two hearts, SB shoves his 900 in (shocker!), MP agonizes and....
folds TT face up.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Folds to SB, SB looks at cards, leans over to look at David’s stack, then grabs a bunch of yellows and throws them in the pot. David now tanks forever. He stares at the SB, counts his chips (he’s got 6 chips to count), stares at the donk some more. He puts his hands on his head, plays with his cards a little and sighs. This goes on for a good 90 seconds. Finally, David reluctantly calls.
SB shows: K4o
David shows: AQo
HAHAHAHAHAHA what in the living [censored] are you thinking about dude?! The board comes A high and David lives to nit it up for another day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really can't believe that these hands happen(ed). In tournaments with buy-ins over $1K? Hand like this makes me think the Stars $109 Rebuy must be the toughest tournament in history. Also so incredibly jealous of anyone who is playing in the WSOP.

Thanks for the trip reports Bond. When you win pretty soon here, I think we will all be celebrating for you.

Sherman