Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Another Chipotle Thread

I always just say, "x burrito with y beans". Or "burrito bowl with x (meat) and y beans". Typically, this is carnitas with black beans. They almost always get the beans right, but sometimes you have to remind them about the meat.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:49 AM

I've never seen a bias towards one type of beans. My problem is I like the hot sauce, but a full ladle of it is way too much IMO. My standard is to say "I'd like like light hot sauce please," but half the time I get a full ladle anyway. I think they're just not paying attention so now I make a point out of it: "I'd like hot sauce but I just want a few drops." My real pet peeve is when they start to drizzle it on there and I'll shout "That's enough!" but they ignore me and continue to dump the whole ladle on. Sigh.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ask for 1/2 chicken, 1/2 steak and thank me later- you'll get a lot more meat because they are dumb and can't to halves well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, I'm a big fan of "The Hybrid" as my roommates and I call it. But why not just get double meat then? One full scoop chicken, one full scoop steak.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ask for 1/2 chicken, 1/2 steak and thank me later- you'll get a lot more meat because they are dumb and can't to halves well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, I'm a big fan of "The Hybrid" as my roommates and I call it. But why not just get double meat then? One full scoop chicken, one full scoop steak.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's all about value, sir. Would you rather have 1 1/2 scoops for the price of one, or 2 scoops for the price of 2?
Old 06-14-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's all about value, sir. Would you rather have 1 1/2 scoops for the price of one, or 2 scoops for the price of 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

The key here is standing up for your rights... I am a big fan of the double chicken, and occasionally "the hybrid". But if you clearly say "double meat", and are willing to pay the extra $1.25, then you have to stand up for yourself if you get less than a full 2 scoops. Occasionally you have to say "no I want DOUBLE MEAT". They always relent and give you your just scoops.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:18 AM

when i order qdoba I always say chicken burrito w/ black beans. and if they [censored] it up, because I am a pretty loud and clear speaker, I make them make it until its right. im not paying for something that i didnt order
Old 06-14-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just order a fajita burrito and avoid eating those disgusting little fetuses altogether.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I feel the beans kind of bog down the greatness of the fresh ingredients.

FWIW, my normal order is a chicken bowl with 3 of the 4 salsas (not the tomatillo... although maybe I should do this) with fajita veggies, rice, sour cream and lettuce. It's my favorite restaurant meal that's not at a sit down establishment.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:23 AM

Jesus after reading all of this I'd hate to work at Chipotle. Half this, a few drops of that, wrong beans! I would imagine that everytime one of you guys makes some sort of request the employee tries to kill you with his laser eyes.

Of course it angers me to no end when they put sour cream on my burrito when I don't want it.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when i order qdoba - I make a big mistake by not going to Chipotle instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

There fixed it for you. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus after reading all of this I'd hate to work at Chipotle. Half this, a few drops of that, wrong beans! I would imagine that everytime one of you guys makes some sort of request the employee tries to kill you with his laser eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you've never been to Chipotle. They have three people for each step of the process. Given a bean preference between two varieties, it shouldn't be difficult to scoop the correct one. But I'm totally with you on the meat part. I mean, YOU WANT TWO SCOOPS OF MEAT!?!?!? AND DIFFERENT MEATS!? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KEEP UP WITH THIS!!!?