Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Re: nitty-ness of 200nl at full tilt

[ QUOTE ]
during the "good hours" 8 out of 9 players are nitty regulars. and its hard not to sit at a table with one of the "bots" from that one thread 0drunkenboxer, mariojr....
anyways am i just suppose to make money by taking advantage of nits all day or what? that cant possibly lead to that large of a WR.
basically some 200nl full tilt strategy as far as game selection and what to expect even though ive been playing there.

[/ QUOTE ]

the good thing is that thread on the bots had huge amounts of info on their playing style...they are quite exploitable
Old 06-14-2007, 04:16 AM

The tres amigos of bots are to my mind some of the nicer oppenents at 200NL. I am beating all of them =D

So far as tables go, I typically find 20,8 as averages for the table, which is fairly nitty as the 20 usually results from 1 LAG pushing up the average.

Its the 1,2 and 3 outers that i find more frustrating than the nits, i like the nits, at least you know where you stand with them.

Can someone provide me with a tin foil hat ASAP.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:44 PM

Full Ring is basically dead everywhere. Even the games on ipoker are brutally tight. Party Poker full ring tables are far far worse then Full Tilts so be happy. Unfortunately its time to learn SH and play real poker.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full Ring is basically dead everywhere. Even the games on ipoker are brutally tight. Party Poker full ring tables are far far worse then Full Tilts so be happy. Unfortunately its time to learn SH and play real poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
I heard this same thing about 6max a few weeks ago.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that cant possibly lead to that large of a WR.

[/ QUOTE ]

It can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on your definition of "large WR"

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I am a reg at NL200 on Full Tilt, and am running at 4.7 BB/100 over 40,000+ hands, playing 18/8. I also play from about 9 am - 4 pm ET, which is probably not the time the OP is referring to, but there seems to be enough fish at these times as well as regular's with holes in their game to exploit. I would agree thought that 1/2 is a lot more nitty than .50/1 on FT.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:23 AM

It is ture, 200NL FTP has its share of fish, a table may typical comprise of 5 regulars (4 nits 1 laggy), me ( =D kinda fishy, lol ), at least one shorty (sometimes good - mostly bad), and a couple of fishies.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that cant possibly lead to that large of a WR.

[/ QUOTE ]

It can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on your definition of "large WR"

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I am a reg at NL200 on Full Tilt, and am running at 4.7 BB/100 over 40,000+ hands, playing 18/8. I also play from about 9 am - 4 pm ET, which is probably not the time the OP is referring to, but there seems to be enough fish at these times as well as regular's with holes in their game to exploit. I would agree thought that 1/2 is a lot more nitty than .50/1 on FT.

[/ QUOTE ]

viz, congrats on the move-up. I started working full time at the law firm I was telling you about, so it's hard to wanna rush home to MAYBE make $50/hr 10-12 tabling when I can do far better at work I'll PM you and get some NL200 info before I make the jump. Last time I tried, my $3k bankroll was decimated over 10,000 hands (thanks Narena). This time I MAY be able to afford the jump.

Anyone else recently move from NL100 to NL200??? Advice? My move is inevitable, I just was jail raped + scared last time and I want to make this move permanently.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last time I tried, my $3k bankroll was decimated over 10,000 hands (thanks Narena).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about that!

There are some good players at NL200, but most are fairly poor. Don't be intimidated to move up. Why not just play 1 or 2 NL 200 tables alongside your NL100 tables- and slowly introduce more as you get more comfortable?

-Narena.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:56 PM

The 8am-2pm games are pretty tough. 8pm-3am games... not so much.