Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: doing bad at ucsd

actually my overall gpa is now 2.8 cuz i just got my grades and they were HORRIBLE.

am i hopeless?
Old 06-21-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually my overall gpa is now 2.8 cuz i just got my grades and they were HORRIBLE.

am i hopeless?

[/ QUOTE ]
2.8 at UCSD is more respectable than 3.75 at the University I attended to a lot of employers.

GPA isn't that important, unless you want to go on to get a PhD and become a professor, since academia is full of elitist types.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

am i hopeless?

[/ QUOTE ]

ease up on the drama, you have a 2.8 at UCSD after your freshman year... I think you can make it.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

am i hopeless?

[/ QUOTE ]

ease up on the drama, you have a 2.8 at UCSD after your freshman year... I think you can make it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea.. just that all my friends have 3.4+, that is probably why. thanks for some relief though. what sucks is that after calculating my grades i would have to have gotten C- on all my finals to get what i got. o well
Old 06-22-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

am i hopeless?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea.. just that all my friends have 3.4+, that is probably why. thanks for some relief though. what sucks is that after calculating my grades i would have to have gotten C- on all my finals to get what i got. o well

[/ QUOTE ]

just pick up the slack this year.

2p2 study sessionz at geisel wtf?!
Old 06-22-2007, 11:47 AM

This post is interesting and ill assume its not a troll.

First of all dont hate on other majors when you are an Econ major because you are an econ major, lol @ easy majors bashing other easy majors.

As others have said just put in the time or change majors. Dont be afraid to change majors. I mean if you find econ hard and boring I assume any job you get related to that will feel the same way. Take some history classes or something else and see what you really enjoy. Most degrees will get you a job if you pursue it hard enough, even the dreaded psychology. By the way the easy majors are:

Economics
Psychology
Political Science
History
Communications(Not sure this is the official name, but meh)
Liberal Studies
Criminology

You are going to have a hard time if you are struggling with econ because its one of the piece of cake majors, but im sure you can find something easier if econ is too much.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This post is interesting and ill assume its not a troll.

First of all dont hate on other majors when you are an Econ major because you are an econ major, lol @ easy majors bashing other easy majors.

As others have said just put in the time or change majors. Dont be afraid to change majors. I mean if you find econ hard and boring I assume any job you get related to that will feel the same way. Take some history classes or something else and see what you really enjoy. Most degrees will get you a job if you pursue it hard enough, even the dreaded psychology. By the way the easy majors are:

Economics
Psychology
Political Science
History
Communications(Not sure this is the official name, but meh)
Liberal Studies
Criminology

You are going to have a hard time if you are struggling with econ because its one of the piece of cake majors, but im sure you can find something easier if econ is too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really know what I am talking about here, but I would certainly assume the economics program at a school like ucsd is much more advanced than the others you listed. Economics at top-tierish schools are much more demanding than standard econ programs, no? (advanced econometrics, etc.) I think lumping ucsd economics with communications, psych, and CJ is a bit unfair.

Again - these are all assumptions. Maybe someone with actual insight and back me up or prove me incorrect.

Sorry I had to edit to add:

Jorge that is a very condescending post for someone who made this stupid thread . Not to be a jerk, but this kid is looking for advice and you come off as a condescending prick. Just my .02
Old 06-22-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jorge that is a very condescending post for someone who made this stupid thread . Not to be a jerk, but this kid is looking for advice and you come off as a condescending prick. Just my .02

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought my advice was solid. I come off like a dick, but the reality is that sticking to a major because you think its respectable gets you nowhere. The point is to finish college with a degree in something you dont suck at and as soon as possible. This kid seemed to suck at math. He should look for something else.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

am i hopeless?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes sir
Old 06-23-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

am i hopeless?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes sir

[/ QUOTE ]

in