Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: My first play along - 44 flops a draw

Tyler was right that Turn action is boring, so I can really just finish the hand with one more set of actions.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, 4. MP3 posts a blind of $0.02.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="red">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, 2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 5, 6, 3 (7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (17 BB) K (5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls. (Totally boring and standard)

River: (21 BB) 4 (4 players)</font>
Hero checks (in hind sight, I think leading here would have been better), UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises</font>, Hero???????????
Old 06-13-2007, 05:31 PM

mp2's play makes no sense. did he really go that crazy on the flop with 77 (or 22)? maybe he spiked a set of Ks and decided to slowplay or wait and make sure the flush didn't come in? it's all very strange.

mp1's play looks like a set, a strongly played two-pair, or an unlikely flopped straight (limping with 74s there is awfully loose).

would utg+1 really check a straight here? i guess he might if he stuck around with a 2 or if he's pretty awful. he is somewhat more likely to have a flush draw, though.

anyway, there is so much uncertainty in this hand and the pot is so huge (and i believe that this hand actually took place at a limit lower than .25/.5) that i think i'm stuck calling the river.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:33 PM

I don't see a straight as likely in any of the action and obviously no flush. Set over set is very worrisome though but IMO we can't fold so it's call and then maybe call 2 more or raise but I don't think a raise is real prudent. I guess I think the cheapest way to showdown is the most prudent here. Call and call two more if it goes that way. We have to be good more than 1 in 20 here. Don't we?
Old 06-13-2007, 05:35 PM

I agree with Tyler, this hand looks really weird when I go back and see how each played it.

I could see MP1 having a better set than us, playing it fast on the flop (except for not 3 betting on the flop). Basically, I think we're outsetted (yeah, I saided it) in some form, but again it's so weird, I think I'm stuck calling and either seeing something really weird like 47s or some other crazy shiznit.

Edit: I really want to fold this thinking that MP2s raise is KK who nailed on the turn, but he was too dumb to jack it up there.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:55 PM

MP1 did 3 bet the flop, and bet the turn into the flop capper. His line definitely says flopped set, we have to hope it's 3's, not 5's or 6's, so vs. him we are good 1 in 3 here so have to call. MP2 also looks like he hit a set on the turn and waited for safe (non heart) river to raise, or was afraid of chasing people out or shania knows what he was thinking. We need the parlay of 3's for MP1 and a really weirdly played non KK hand for MP2 (as opposed to the just weirdly played KK). Looks like we are stuck calling but don't really like it.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MP1 did 3 bet the flop, and bet the turn into the flop capper. His line definitely says flopped set, we have to hope it's 3's, not 5's or 6's, so vs. him we are good 1 in 3 here so have to call. MP2 also looks like he hit a set on the turn and waited for safe (non heart) river to raise, or was afraid of chasing people out or shania knows what he was thinking. We need the parlay of 3's for MP1 and a really weirdly played non KK hand for MP2 (as opposed to the just weirdly played KK). Looks like we are stuck calling but don't really like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about TP + a flush draw - like KJ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from MP1
Old 06-13-2007, 06:57 PM

IBTB!
Old 06-13-2007, 07:02 PM

I don't see why betting the flop would be bad. You have decent equity in a peelish flop and some people will be smart enough not to cbet into like 7 people.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:25 PM

in before boz comes crashing out like some boozed up angry stepdad...