Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Anyone fold KK here unimproved?

i was actually being sarcastic about the bet size. I'm not sure if anybody picked up on this, but I think this hand was butchered all the way.

as is, you must call the river bet because how weak you played your hand, but i really don't think you're good. what is he calling you down with...middle pair? if he was calling you down with TP on the flop, then you just got value bet.

you should have bet the flop way more, bet a little more on the turn, and c/c a decent amount on the river.

Like you said, villain has been splashing around in a lot of pots. He very likely could be here all the way with just a random 7 in hand. you also said he isn't bluffing.

so this is a difficult situation (unless you wanted to show weakness) due to the fact that you beat so many hands, and are only losing to random 7's.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Anyone fold KK here unimproved?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nice bet sizing, looks like you have ak

[/ QUOTE ]Villian either does not put hero on AK or is a complete moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for replies. Why would Villain not have me on a possible AK here? Would he think i'd 3-barrel with AK, or perhaps give up on flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Since he called your bet on the flop and turn he presumably can beat AK. If that is what he puts you on there is no value to betting this river since AK can't call. Ergo, either he feels you have something like one pair that may call his bet, or he is a moron, in which case of course he isn't putting you on anything [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm just pointing out that if someone puts someone on AK on the river here they wouldn't bet unless they have an even worse hand, and that is not likely here.