Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Yup, I still hate him...

and yet you took the time to respond to it? loser...
Old 06-13-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and yet you took the time to respond to it? loser...

[/ QUOTE ]

zomg BURN!
Old 06-13-2007, 01:18 PM

The one thing that IMO really seperates Chris Moneymaker from Jamie Gold is that at least for Chris, he KNEW (and publically acknowledged that) he (Chris) was luckier than crap to win the 2003 WSOP, and Chris has been trying ever since then to improve his game.

Jamie Gold, not so much ... he still tries to come off as 'I'm the poker god of the world and I know everything about poker'.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Jamie Gold, not so much ... he still tries to come off as 'I'm the poker god of the world and I know everything about poker'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold is an idiot but I think this is a stretch. He continues to make boneheaded plays and feels his schtick will work on the pros gunning for him and his bankroll now but he has readily admitted on several occasions that he has a lot to learn about the game. He just has this inbred arrogance that will always make him out to look like more of a tool then he really is.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:37 PM

I see what you mean, and talk about arrogance, that's right there at the top when it comes to Gold (he drips it ... being the drip that he is).

I guess if I had to pick between him and Chris, I'd pick Chris, simply because Chris is a likable guy (especially compared to Gold), who doesn't seem to have a problem making fun of himself when it comes to poker.

Gold on the other hand, well the guy is an idiot to the n'th degree! I mean he TAPE recorded via voice mail his promise to that other guy about splitting down the middle if he won the event, and then tried to back out.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can you hate him as much after Monday nights? He seemed much better at playing, and at being a person. Monday night improved my view of him a little bit.

On the other hand: Who goes, "so guess how much I bet on a golf hole" - That was a really bad way to brag about that. He shoulda talked to Joe before the show was filmed and said, "Joe, during the game, say you heard something about me betting money on Golf" - that would have been a much more proper way to bring this up, instead of looking like he was bragging. < Anywho, I thought the story was B.S., didn't buy it for a second, and then after 15 minutes he goes "the catch was we only had to pay once our networth reached $1,000,000."

[/ QUOTE ]

You completely [censored] up the story and if you are going to link someone to something maybe you should get your 'facts' straight. It was Greg, and it was 100 million net worth.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:21 PM

Uhh, who'd you think I was talking about? I didn't think Greg's name needed to be mentioned, anyone who watched would be able to understand.

I was a little unclear about it, but again, anyone with at least an 80IQ would figure out I switched to Greg Raymer. Sorry to have confused you.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:45 PM

im not drinking in the morning anymore.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I'm not one who gets all up in the cult of spelling, but despinse? That wasn't even close.

HOME ROW SON! HOME ROW!

[/ QUOTE ]

it was actually pretty close. he just added one letter. doesn't get much closer than that.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now I'm not one who gets all up in the cult of spelling, but despinse? That wasn't even close.

HOME ROW SON! HOME ROW!

[/ QUOTE ]

it was actually pretty close. he just added one letter. doesn't get much closer than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am talking on the keyboard, sir.

N is nowhere near S or E