Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Re: 200NL - induced a bluff, now I have to call it?

It's not a 4x pot bet, hero only has like 1.5x remaining. He could definitely be making this bet for value with 2 pair+, and I can't think of any hands that he could be bluffing with (except a random float that didn't move on the turn for some reason.) I fold.

Also, are people bet-folding or bet-calling this turn?
Old 06-12-2007, 01:08 AM

oops. for some reason i thought hero had villain covered. i should read more closely.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do we check the turn???????

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no clue, but that's a different issue.

since i'm the only one who wants to call let me expound. i am normally inclined to fold in these spots, but villain probably has us on K high (maybe a pp). yes, villain could be playing the "he won't think i'm bluffing game", but i doubt it. in my mind the overbet on this dry board (as opposed a the value bet) increases the likelihood that he is bluffing. why would you push for 4x the pot w/ 2p or a straight? it doesn't add up to me. i'm not one to make hero calls, but i'll call. (and of course curse my stupidity if he turns over KQ or AJ)

[/ QUOTE ]

-How can we have K high. Were not 3 betting K3-K8.

-He doesn't shove 4 times the pot. Hero has like 175 behind.

-This isn't a dry board (dry flop maybe). People enjoy J10, J9, 109, KQ, AJ, A10.

-People normally bluff rivers without anything having missed draws. Name a hand in the deck where villain called the flop without a pair, didnt improve and shoved the river without a pair. This can only be a bluff if the villain holds literally under cards and was floating the flop looking to take it away(unlikely) or is turning a pair into a bluff cause he puts the villain on KK, QQ, KJ, QJ etc which he can't beat in a showdown.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do we check the turn???????

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no clue, but that's a different issue.

since i'm the only one who wants to call let me expound. i am normally inclined to fold in these spots, but villain probably has us on K high (maybe a pp). yes, villain could be playing the "he won't think i'm bluffing game", but i doubt it. in my mind the overbet on this dry board (as opposed a the value bet) increases the likelihood that he is bluffing. why would you push for 4x the pot w/ 2p or a straight? it doesn't add up to me. i'm not one to make hero calls, but i'll call. (and of course curse my stupidity if he turns over KQ or AJ)

[/ QUOTE ]

-How can we have K high. Were not 3 betting K3-K8.

-He doesn't shove 4 times the pot. Hero has like 175 behind.

-This isn't a dry board (dry flop maybe). People enjoy J10, J9, 109, KQ, AJ, A10.

-People normally bluff rivers without anything having missed draws. Name a hand in the deck where villain called the flop without a pair, didnt improve and shoved the river without a pair. This can only be a bluff if the villain holds literally under cards and was floating the flop looking to take it away(unlikely) or is turning a pair into a bluff cause he puts the villain on KK, QQ, KJ, QJ etc which he can't beat in a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

in retrospect it would be retarded for him to have us on K high. also, i don't think villain is on a pure bluff, i think he is turning his hand into a bluff.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:16 AM

? whats the point here? what hands are we beating?
Old 06-12-2007, 01:21 AM

the point is that i think villain is bluffing/has turned his hand into a bluff. so a weaker ace, a jack, some random pp
Old 06-12-2007, 01:22 AM

id bet the turn or bet the river. as played fold, he probably has 2 pair.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:27 AM

i'm not buying that this river overbet is essentially a valuebet. i think most players would value bet this river to the tune of $55-75.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:30 AM

this is going to be set, straight, 2pair, and can even be AK wayyyyy more than some random float so i can lay this down easily. it helps to know if he is capable of floating it also helps to keep in mind your gut feeling based on how fast he called flop, chk'd turn, shoved river but this is gonna be a pretty poor call against most players.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:38 AM

i think that it is more likely that he is bluffing now than that he checked behind on the turn w/a set. i also think that given our weak line, the villain makes this play w/much more than AK or better. i will admit that it is probably a marginal call but i don't think it is nearly as out of line as some have suggested.