Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Living Beijing vs. Bangkok

I lived in Beijing for 3 months. But as a westerner, and assuming you have a choice, if you're going to live in China, you should live in Shanghai. If you have any questions about Beijing, ask me. My experience was 3 years ago, and I may be moving back within the year. I have no experience with Thailand.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bangkok is the nuts. I thought it was filthy for two weeks, now I think it is romantically filthy. I [censored] love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny. I thought it was the nuts for two months. Now I think it's filthy.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bangkok and Beijing seem like they'd be very similar to live in

[/ QUOTE ]
I just dont't understand how you can make such a statement. The difference between these cities is huge. Completly different people / culture, completly different climate, completly different food, cost of living ...
Old 06-12-2007, 05:10 AM

I dunno about living in Shanghai i'm torn between it being a great city and bleh, cause if you are going to live in Shanghai why not just live in Hongkong. I think theres alot of different cities around China to live in which could be a heap more fun than one of the big three, maybe think about going out west to Chongqing
Old 06-12-2007, 06:51 AM

if you like an assortment of asian women, hong kong is better than shanghai.

but of the two you choose i'd never NOT pick beijiing... but then again i'm biased as i like chinese women.

(been living in shanghai for 15 months, grew up in beijing and live there on and off quite regularly)

i just think beijing is dirty in a "dirt/dust/polution" kind of way, while bangkok is dirty in a "i wouldn't live there" kind of way. bangkok is a nice place to visit though.

chinese women FTW

i don't see myself living anywhere but NYC, LA, shanghai, and hong kong in my life for more than a very short amount of time
Old 06-12-2007, 07:22 AM

cable makes probably the best point here which I think is a no brainer but the usual thai crew gets all over me when I say it Thai women are mostly ugly, chinese women (especially around shanghai though not shanghainese especially) are so damn sexy.

Cable the cities you list for living are great (i've never been to NYC but it's always been on my list to live) however I really think that my ideal place to live would definitely be Singapore.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I lived in Beijing for 3 months. But as a westerner, and assuming you have a choice, if you're going to live in China, you should live in Shanghai. If you have any questions about Beijing, ask me. My experience was 3 years ago, and I may be moving back within the year. I have no experience with Thailand.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you recommend shanghai as oppoed to beijing? i've been to shanghai for a couple of days and loved it, i loved how huge it was, i loved how it was so full of traffic and non stop horn honking (i stayed up late at night looking out the window tranfixed by the streets). i also liked the chinese people i was with a lot, and like them a lot compared to thai people, just by chance don't happen to like the way thai people look compared to chinese people (thai people have large circular faces). but what would the difference be between shanghia and beijing?
Old 06-12-2007, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bangkok and Beijing seem like they'd be very similar to live in

[/ QUOTE ]
I just dont't understand how you can make such a statement. The difference between these cities is huge. Completly different people / culture, completly different climate, completly different food, cost of living ...

[/ QUOTE ]

could you elaborate on how they are different please (ignoring different food). beijing is more expensive i guess, by a lot? seems like it should be pretty cheap just like thailand. also i guess i know the culture will be different but how, more specifically how will it be different related to, umm, picking up girl?
Old 06-12-2007, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you like an assortment of asian women, hong kong is better than shanghai.

but of the two you choose i'd never NOT pick beijiing... but then again i'm biased as i like chinese women.

(been living in shanghai for 15 months, grew up in beijing and live there on and off quite regularly)

i just think beijing is dirty in a "dirt/dust/polution" kind of way, while bangkok is dirty in a "i wouldn't live there" kind of way. bangkok is a nice place to visit though.

chinese women FTW

i don't see myself living anywhere but NYC, LA, shanghai, and hong kong in my life for more than a very short amount of time

[/ QUOTE ]

cables, it seems like hong kong would be the same as a good american or european city it is expensive to live in...? I've bene to LA a little bit, LA seems like an absolute dump trashhole, of everywhere i've been it is probably literally the lowet on the list of places i'd live.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:41 AM

hong kong is very expensive. i dont think the cost is worth it. if it was the same cost as bkk, i would still perfer bkk.