Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 06:43 AM

Default Re: PSA regarding the incompetence of Harrah\'s [x] chiprunners

Edit: Only after I clicked post did I remember my point lol. The game where the lady dealer wouldn't let anyone post until they had chips. We could not GET chips at that table - it was like the farthest from the cage area and eventually we had mostly cash with a few stacks of reds on the table. They called for chip runners no less than 10 times to no avail. I don't think we ever did get chips there - people were leaving and just selling their chips to the other people with cash on the table.

Sunday night at the 2/5 game at the Rio some 300 year old female dealer that was the 2nd slowest dealer I've ever seen wouldn't let a guy post until the chip runner brought him chips - he'd just sat down and placed his money in front of him on the table.

When she said this, I sold him $100 in reds so he could enter the game. She swore that was the rule... At the time she was enforcing this "rule" she had around $200 in red in the rack in front of her that she could have sold $100 out of.

The slowest dealer I've ever seen was Saturday night - 300 year old man. On ever single pitch for his entire down, he pitched the card about 2 inches, then looked at it, then pushed it a little closer to the player, then about 50% of the time pushed it once more. In 30 minutes we got 12 hands - and no player created any delay during this time. About 20 minutes into his down, someone made the mistake of striking up a conversation with him - and he slowed down more. I'm fairly sure we went backwards in time that last 10 minutes he became so slow.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You should have told the floor guy you were a Blogger.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-12-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You should have told the floor guy you were an online poker player. They would have had you banned because that is illegal.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-12-2007, 05:40 PM

Any thoughts on just going to the cage yourself to buy the chips instead? Seems like it might be easier and/or safer.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any thoughts on just going to the cage yourself to buy the chips instead? Seems like it might be easier and/or safer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is the best approach. I've never trusted chip runners with large amounts in the past.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:01 PM

If you get the chips yourself, you may want to wait til your name is next up on the list - that way you're not standing around with a load of chip racks for very long.