Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: NL50 J9 OESD turns trips line check

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...as played I value shove river

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize that we are about half split and half lose to another 9? What hands would give us value here?

[/ QUOTE ]

A10,AJ, KJ,QJ,J10, who cares we obviously have the best hand since villain checked to us on the river. Shove the money in and let him decide what he's going to call you with.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($45.60)
MP ($20)
Button ($90.05)
Hero ($50.50)
BB ($59.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.5</font>, MP calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($4.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, UTG calls $5.

Turn: ($18.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10.75</font>, UTG calls $10.75.

River: ($40) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $31.25 (All-In)</font>, UTG calls $26.35 (All-In).

Final Pot: $97.60

Results in white below:
UTG has Jd Qd (two pair, jacks and eights).
Hero has Ac Jh (two pair, aces and jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins $97.60.

Also I raise preflop because the majority of the time they just fold and I'm glad to pick up free money the rest of the time they call I c-bet and make money. Make money by being aggressive, playing flop lotto is not going to make you tons of money.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:01 PM

Raise preflop, value bet river.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do we want to isolate pf after 2 limpers with a very marginal HU hand? (With possibly more than one villian coming along anyway.)

This is a hand that has multiway pot value for its straight possibilities and the occasional trips/2pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather isolate and outplay them postflop in a HU situation if I feel like I can get it headsup, besides, I'm not fond of limping, I like to raise 80% of the time preflop to build pots, limped pots suck and in my opinion are not worth it to fight over.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:11 PM

mrw8419,

I don't think the hands are comparable. My villian bet 2 streets and called a huge raise on the turn. Sure, sometimes he will do that when he is drawing but then he will not call a river push when his draw doesn't come in. Also he might do that with a jack but then again I don't think he will call a river push often unless he is a calling station. He will call with a 9 every time, though.

Him checking on the river might not mean he is beaten. After my huge raise he might think I will bet again. Or he could think that I could be on a straight and would raise him again.

And I'm not saying this because of this:

<font color="black">River:</font> ($39) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Pot Size: $39.00 ($1.95 Rake)

BB had 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Nines) and WON (+$18.80)
Hero had 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and LOST (-$19.00)