Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 06:12 AM

Default Re: QQ 100nl two kings on board

yah harringtons book is ok and all, but he is wrong here. It doesn't really make any applicable sense. Besides his advice is strictly for tournament paly, not cash games. And yes, in a lot of situations there is a big difference.

Oh and since when was 10% a good number to fall back on.. lol GL
Old 06-11-2007, 06:37 AM

I think you have to put him all-in after the flop. To me it looks very much he has a FD, maybe 66 (although his odds weren't that great preflop). How many players would call with AA, AK or KK from UTG+1 after a minraise? That is really inviting other players to come along, to do that you must be really sure it will be reraised behind you. As played I would tend to fold on the turn, but it is close, JJ-99 could definitely sense weakness and put you all-in.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm applying Harrington's theory that the chances of a pure bluff NEVER drop below 10% no matter what,

[/ QUOTE ]

i have never read a poker book in my life, but if harrington said that he is an idiot and then some.

[/ QUOTE ]

Harrington on Hold 'em Vol 1. p132. Harrington's Law of Bluffing.

"The probability that your opponent is bluffing when he shoves a big bet into the pot is always at least 10%."

Why? Because this is poker, dude. That's what people like to do.

I don't think Harrington can be that much of a chump, he won WSOP twice and was at final table 2003. He's some sort of backgammon ninja too.

Ok, I have to qualify all of this because HOH is a donkament book. Nonetheless I think the theorem is sound.

Do you have a reasoned argument for saying what you do?
Old 06-11-2007, 08:07 PM

there are situations where villain will be bluffing .0000001% of the time? i know this from experience. that is my arguement. 10% is an extremely high number. it is idiotic to say it applies for EVERY situation.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:33 PM

I fold to flop raise, I think 666 is also possible, as well as semi-bluffing, which got there. Limping and then the check-raise is intense, I fold flop and put a note on villian. Speculating that he might be super donk agro, or he limps mediocre high cards in early pos.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"The probability that your opponent is bluffing when he shoves a big bet into the pot is always at least 10%."

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, this is totally wrong.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, this is totally wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, it's a book about tournaments where you never have a read as good as in cashgames.

And there's always a chance someone looses his minds and continues bluffing, don't know if that is 10% but there is always a couple of percent chance vs a relative unknown.