Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2006, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Bad spot w/ the worst hand in holdem

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey,

Calling is your best option, if you have ability in your post-flop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also advocating for a push here. But... Some constructive critisism would help us all. We're not all tournament pros like you, Ansky. Though, I guess you're one-word reply is aimed solely at Maulik for giving no explanation whatsoever why calling would be 'your best option', right? We expect more from a 'Carpal' with close to 5000 posts...

Don't really like the words 'if you have ability in your post-flop play', since the only move besides pushing would be a stop'n'go. Though, I think you can get Button to fold more hands here by just pushing. Also, he might call a pre-flop push with hands you have beat, like AJ, AT and KQ, whereas he would certainly fold those hands to a stop'n'go. Assuming a flop of unders, the one and only better hand he'd fold, is AK. Yep, a push seems more correct to me.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:06 AM

WildBob what's your screen name on ps? i think i was at your table when this hand happened.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:33 PM

WildBob182
Old 02-21-2006, 03:38 PM

at the very least, easy call. stop being so scared of minraise. for one it was the button who raised. for two, you only have to call 3k into a pot of 12k, that's 4:1 to continue. so definitely, easy call. I actually may even consider a reraise here, because it was the button raising. say 65% reraise, 35% flatcall.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:39 PM

I don't like calling becuase I'm OOP and I have no idea where I'm at.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:47 PM

for all advocating a push, would a stop and go possible be a better option? if he misses the flop you would have more fold equity than pushing PF.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like calling becuase I'm OOP and I have no idea where I'm at.

[/ QUOTE ]

your sitting at the table with button, who is about to run over you with AKo. or more precisely, somewhere in Michigan.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:15 PM

geez guys - button could be raising almost any two here. sure it could be a monster but most guys arent that transparent. id say easy call, then id leave for 6k almost irrelevant of the flop to see where i am. if its called or min raised then im a bit more worried but i definitely play this
Old 02-21-2006, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
geez guys - button could be raising almost any two here. sure it could be a monster but most guys arent that transparent. id say easy call, then id leave for 6k almost irrelevant of the flop to see where i am . if its called or min raised then im a bit more worried but i definitely play this

[/ QUOTE ]

this phrase is getting a lot of mileage today. and a horrible way of thinking. although i think the line you suggest is fine.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
geez guys - button could be raising almost any two here. sure it could be a monster but most guys arent that transparent. id say easy call, then id leave for 6k almost irrelevant of the flop to see where i am . if its called or min raised then im a bit more worried but i definitely play this

[/ QUOTE ]

this phrase is getting a lot of mileage today. and a horrible way of thinking. although i think the line you suggest is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this situation is WAY different than the other thread with 10-10. We're not sure where we are at in the other hand. This hand, we are way ahead of button's range and there is no debating that, so we already know where we are at. We're ahead.

Either raising or pushing is the right move here, as everyone has said. Getting your chips in against his range is +EV in this situation.

Brad