Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Re: stars .25/.50

Yes. 10max - you are right.
Edit: 10max against five (5!) people.
Ay?
Old 06-09-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if not how come?

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

are you thinking about anything on this hand ... if so what

ie. ranges and reason for you actions?

[/ QUOTE ]

meek, I sincerely suggest that you attempt to address what PointBlank says. Tell us WHY you played the hand this way and you can be congratulated/corrected as required. Do this, and youll get better at poker quicker.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:03 AM

Hey pointblank,

In restrospect, my reasoning doesn't seem very sound, but it went sometihng like this:

I capped the preflop (the value of which I question now) mainly because I felt my hand was better than everyone's except possibly button, and wanted to get as much money in then.

I capped the flop in an effort to isolate bb, at the very least make co and button fold. I suspected button may have AQspades (it turns out he had AJs with no flush draw, for which he surprisingly took a lot of heat). I also capped the flop for value, expecting hands like KQ, AJ, QJ to come for the ride.

As eskimo and aussie pointed out, I see that the turn is pretty clearly a mistake. I made the move in the same vein, but it's not really justified. I did think it was very possible bb called with something like KJ which would explain his aggression surfacing on the flop. He had a set of 7's which I probably should have seen coming.

I guess I wonder now if preflop/flop cap are generally justified (any good arguments for making such a play), and whether I should have just called the turn upon hitting my ace, instead of allowing him to make it three to go.

(Thanks Aussie for the advice and welcome. Do you know how that converter error came about?)

tm